Does UFC make 165 lbs. for Ferguson?

4 man tournament?

Tony Ferguson vs. Nate Diaz

Ben Askren vs. Conor McGregor

GSP is an X factor, he’s supposedly retired though and the winner would need to defend.

Tony Ferguson vs. Conor McGregor

Ben Askren vs. GSP

GSP could be given a bye to the finals, so the winner of the tournament faces GSP for the 165 lbs. title.

Fighting Georges St-Pierre as the reward makes sense. It’s more than money. GSP being lineal Welterweight/Middleweight 2 division title holder

McGregor and St-Pierre would both be going for first ever 3 weight UFC Champion.

Tony Ferguson 2 weight Champ.

Ben Askren first ever Bellator, ONE and UFC Champion, undefeated.

A Diaz brother finally holds UFC gold under the most difficult circumstances possible?

I honestly think if they are going to start monkeying around with a 165 div then they need to re-do all the divisions at once. But that might make it 

I like your idea making it 185 and 10 lb incriments down though.

I am also of the opionion that they need a division between 205 and 265.

1 Like
Captain Canuck - 

I honestly think if they are going to start monkeying around with a 165 div then they need to re-do all the divisions at once. But that might make it 

I like your idea making it 185 and 10 lb incriments down though.

I am also of the opionion that they need a division between 205 and 265.

only need to change 170 to 175

Since Colby vs. Usman is a unification bout what’s the problem with making it at 175 lbs?

While Askren easily beats Usman, it’s a waste of time for the fans and UFC. You take out Usman or Covington and for what?

Usman’s a younger guy like Khabib and they have plenty of time to build their accomplishments.

Ferguson’s last loss was before Usman started MMA. 

Tony Ferguson - 7+ year 12 fight UFC win streak. UFC Lightweight Champion 

Ben Askren -  10+ year 20 fights undefeated (10-0 title fights) Bellator/ONE Champion

GSP - 12 year, 13 fight UFC win streak. Lineal Middleweight/Welterweight UFC Champion.

Conor McGregor - Former Flyweight and Lightweight UFC Champion.

Why does Nate deserve to be fighting Tony?

MM8 - 

Why does Nate deserve to be fighting Tony?

If he beats Pettis. It’s all hypothetical. Rough draft rubric.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

The UFC does not need a 165 division. More weight cutting horror stories and there is no fight that can’t already be made that could magically all of a sudden be made with this new division.

RKing85 - NOOOOO!!!

The UFC does not need a 165 division. More weight cutting horror stories and there is no fight that can’t already be made that could magically all of a sudden be made with this new division.

It’s the only way to get these names together and entice Georges to return. We need an Endgame. Remember this is Disney now. Good news to anyone considering the Endeavor IPO.

Otherwise it’s not going to happen. GSP vs. Khabib? boring. Need something more major and relevant. Tony could stay at Lightweight for Khabib. Ferguson vs. Khabib/Poirier winner.

One night tournament - UFC 244 Madison Square Garden. November 2, 2019 / UFC 245 Dallas Cowboys Stadium December 14, 2019. Jon Jones vs. DC 3?

GSP vs. Conor?

Askren vs. Diaz?

Open the promo like this with St-Pierre

Really Slow Motion - Impulse Asura (Epic Powerful Heroic Trailer Music) - YouTube

Maybe even recreate this scene with Conor in his head.

If Tony’s in the tourney have him working the wing chun dummy. An icebath. overlay fight moments

Cut to the students at Askren’s academy doing flips and cartwheels to warm up. Then show Askren sleeping Lawler and Masvidal, who did not tap to the arm triangle. Maybe they all receive an envelope(with an invitation in it)

Nate Diaz watching Nick Diaz party from afar, having a flashback remembering Nick reacting when Nate was on the billboard from fighting Conor.

Finish with McGregor driving on an open road, then he goes and hits pads at his old boxing gym in Crumlin?

Conor gets home and he’s taking off his watch putting it on dresser. Dee says “Are you gonna do it?”

“Haven’t I always?”

Iconic imagery.

1 Like

165 makes no sense whatsoever.

Any new weight classes need to be equidistant between those already in use.  That means 162, 177, 195, 225, and Super Heavyweight.

I have no idea why Dana hates 165 lbs so much.

He has four belts and divisions for women and there are like 100 pro women on the planet.

Meanwhile 40% of the worlds talent is stuck competing for three belts, 45, 55, and 70. Give those men another division. 45, 55, 65, 75 is perfect.

That is why fifty UFC fighters have asked for the division, it makes sense.

100 women get to compete for four titles.

10,000 men get to compete for three titles.

Makes so much sense! Such equality!

1 Like
BJ Penn Forever - I have no idea why Dana hates 165 lbs so much.

He has four belts and divisions for women and there are like 100 pro women on the planet.

Meanwhile 40% of the worlds talent is stuck competing for three belts, 45, 55, and 70. Give those men another division. 45, 55, 65, 75 is perfect.

Agreed. Have faith.

TenOfSwords - 

165 makes no sense whatsoever.

Any new weight classes need to be equidistant between those already in use.  That means 162, 177, 195, 225, and Super Heavyweight.

Uhh no.

CRE -

Agreed. Have faith.

But do you really think he hates it? He’s a liar who will say anything profitable at that moment. The real question is why isn’t 165 profitable.

jgiveshead -
CRE -

Agreed. Have faith.

But do you really think he hates it? He’s a liar who will say anything profitable at that moment. The real question is why isn’t 165 profitable.

I don’t know. I’ve only communicated with Dana for like 3 minutes across two times meeting him.

jgiveshead -
CRE -

Agreed. Have faith.

My guess would be a lack of great name for the division.

“Super Lightweight?”

That song's fire. I'd rather not make threads like this jgiveshead. Kind of embarrassing. 165 would immediately become the most prestigious division in the sport. Maybe that's the worry. This new upstart comes along and takes all the attention from the old monolithic model.

Also there's a great chance the first Champion will be

Why do you want someone to die from cutting weight????

for every one fighter moving up from 155, you will have 5 fighters who try to cut the extra 5 pounds down from 170.

Cre. My man. I love the idea of that 4 man tournament but there is no way in the world that gsp will get in the cage with Tony ferg.