Dog ejected in car crash found days later herding sheep

Some of them are definitely tough little bastids.

Kind of reminds me of Togo; the lead sled dog that did almost 300 miles and the most dangerous legs of the relay to get Diphtheria Antitoxin to Nome Alaska. In the movie the entire conflict through the film is he was an old dog and almost died of exhaustion once his leg was over. The true story was as soon as he was unhooked from his harness he ran off to play with Reindeer and disappeared for three days making his owner think he died in the cold. He showed back up three days later; returning to the Roadhouse at a full sprint.

2 Likes

What the fuck?!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This comment on Twitter had me dying as a beagle owner…

Lol my parents have a beagle. Same shit. Born to track.

That’s why it cracks me up when people say all dogs are the same, especially pit bull owners. As if their genetics and DNA have nothing to do with their behavior.

It’s the reason beagles immediately start sniffing the ground and tracking, it’s why retrievers retrieve, pointers point. And pits were bred for one single purpose, to fight and to kill.

Nature and nurture both play their role.

4 Likes

Good boy.

Anyone that says that has never been around more than 1 breed. Even within breeds dogs are totally different. Yeah, they share certain traits but even behavior issues, personality quirks vary greatly within a breed. My two beagles have been two very distinctly different dogs.

It’s almost like different breeds of dogs were developed to have particular innate instincts.

pitbull GIF

1 Like

Hi Jay

Best thread title eva

I think Staffordshires were bred for cattle herding actually.
Low enough to not get kicked and strong enough to get a bull to move by biting it’s ankle.

A breed of dog, originally bred for bull-baiting and dog fighting in Birmingham by James Hinks in the mid-1800s. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier was originally known as the Bull Terrier and was later (incorrectly) changed to the Staffordshire Bull Terrier to distinguish between more readily available and not necessarily as pure breeds of the Bull Terrier. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is an English breed of dog and should not be confused with the American Pit Bull Terrier.