Dog goes in for surgery tomorrow

She's my best friend, but she had a lump so I got it checked and it turns out cancer (fuck cancer) but its benign, getting that shit out straight away but I'm a bit worried about her in surgery. I can't take her in because of work but my old lady said she'd do it for me.

Gonna be a long fucken day tomorrow.

good luck man

Thanks mate

Don't worry too much bro.  They'll give her a sedative to relax her and then the anesthetic will make her sleep like a baby.  It's benign so that's good news.  Try to be cool and stay positive because she (dogs do) pick up our energy and it effects their mood and behaviour.  Things will be ok.

How large and where is the lump?

Good luck brother. Nothing but well wishes to you and your pup. Couldn't imagine losing my GSD. 

Good luck bro

Thank you everyone for the well wishes, she's had the surgery and is in recovery, all went well. 

Haka Jawaka -

Don't worry too much bro.  They'll give her a sedative to relax her and then the anesthetic will make her sleep like a baby.  It's benign so that's good news.  Try to be cool and stay positive because she (dogs do) pick up our energy and it effects their mood and behaviour.  Things will be ok.

Invisible popularity point to you sir, your words help ease my anxiety. Thank you.

I hope it goes well for her.

Glad to hear it went well... I obviously didn't read the thread before posting.

Good luck man. I know what it's like to have a pet in that situation. Like a family member...in some ways worse.

I'm dropping of my two ladies tomorrow and going away for 4 nights. I do this every year, it's the hardest 4 nights without my bitches. I can only imagine how you feel, I love my pups more than I love myself. Forever alone.meme

Good luck

Jimmy Recard -
Haka Jawaka -

Invisible popularity point to you sir, your words help ease my anxiety. Thank you.

I am sincerely glad that I was able to help in some way.  Also glad that your babe (the K9 one) is doing well.  Let us know how she continues to recover.

Oh, that's not to say that I don't wish your human babe well too. =)

ABCTT_sakurabas ear -

I'm dropping of my two ladies tomorrow and going away for 4 nights. I do this every year, it's the hardest 4 nights without my bitches. I can only imagine how you feel, I love my pups more than I love myself. Forever alone.meme

Is it a kennel?  Do they provide the webcam option?  I mean can you at least look in on them via the net while you're away?

Good luck man, just lost my husky to cancer. Fuck you cancer.

good luck man hope it all goes well

Hope everything works out. I have a family (wife and kid) and my 2 dogs are members of that family. They're just so damn affectionate and loyal. One of mine had a benign tumor and it turned out alright. Hope you have as good of luck. 

G'day all just a quick update, she went in surgery about lunch time yesterday (I'm 16 hours in front of the American boys) and there weren't any complications that I was made aware of.

Brought her home and she must be in some serious pain because she been shaking/shivering since she's come home, nothing stops this dog's appetite though and that doesn't surprise me. So she's housebound for two to four weeks and goes for a check up in a couple days, but so far so good.

Thanks for the well wishes guys, it is much appreciated.

Give her some hugs and a belly rub for me.  Wishing her a speedy recovery.