Dog is not doing well. What do?

I have a 15 year old female black lab. She has really slowed down over the last few years and even more so now. She pisses herself in her dog house. It takes too much effort for to get up just to piss so she just goes on herself so when I come get her, her side will all wet with piss. She can't hardly hear anymore. I don't think she's in pain just looks tired. What should I do? Phone Post 3.0

As much as it pains me to say it I think it might be that time man. But If you know for a fact it's not suffering with pain then maybe let nature take its course. I dunno this shit is tough. Brb gonna go hug my dog and get the dust outta my eyes Phone Post 3.0

Damn so dusty ass threads in here today. Hang in there OP. It seems like you know what you have to do.... Phone Post 3.0

It may be time. So sorry man. Its brutal stuff. Been there Phone Post 3.0

My parents just got home from putting our 16 year old shih tzu down. I moved out a few years ago so I didn't go with them, but I still feel awful. I grew up taking care of her. This last year, she was peeing in the house a lot and she had a lot of trouble eating. This weekend, she lost her desire to eat so we knew it was time. Life's not fucking fair sometimes. Why make the world's best creature yet give it such a short lifespan. Fucking sucks. It's a cliche, but I do feel better knowing she isn't in pain anymore. I'm sure you'll feel the same when the time comes, but it won't be easy. Good luck dude. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry to hear this. I just saw a pretty black lab in the shelter the other day when out searching for a new pooch.

Good luck in whatever you do. Too bad you can't just give her some doggie TRT and extend her quality of life a few more years. Phone Post 3.0

When your little buddy goes, takes it remains and plant a new tree on top. So your dog keeps on living, just in another form Phone Post 3.0

This is a hard decision I've been thinking about the last few weeks. I've already dug a hole in the back yard in case she dies over the winter and wouldn't be able to dig in the frozen ground Phone Post 3.0

so she has a dog house that has a dog door on the inside of it that goes inside and she was just sitting in the outside door of the dog house with her back facing out. I picked her up so she would stand and she can only walk on three legs, her back left leg seems to be hurt now. I think she hurt it in the dog door. Now she shakes when she's standing and even just trying to hold herself up

I hate to say it but it sounds like it's time.  A couple of years ago I had to put down both of my dogs over an 8 month time period.  

Find a vet that will make a house call.  

http://www.inhomepeteuthanasia.com/

http://www.lapoflove.com/Find-A-Vet

Try those.  Or just google "at home euthenasia" and the name of the city you live in.

BTW, does the dog still eat?  If the dog is eating, it may still have some time left.  

put her down

I kept my last dog alive for well over a year with her like that and looking back it was selfish

she was incontinent and skinny as hell

vet said she had kidney failure but I just couldn't do it because she was still fairly alert

finally she just couldn't move

I was carrying her in and out of the house because she couldn't walk... it was rough

Take her to her favorite place, or perhaps the place you two have had the most fun together, be it the dog park, or beach or for a drive or on that certain chair in your place etc. Then get her a big Mac or something big and unhealthy and just all around bad for her that she'll enjoy. Or maybe her favorite food, whatever that is. Spend a few hours in that special place, stuffing her face with her favorite treats/meal. Then take her to be put down, and stay there with her, holding her paw until she goes to sleep, and before her eyes close, tell her you love her one last time.

It's sucks but it sounds like it may very well be that time. I'm so sorry for your impending decision bro. Stay strong and think of the good times. Phone Post 3.0

this sucks, I've got engagement pictures in about 2 hours, I think I will have to give the vet a call

Juggernautt - Take her to her favorite place, or perhaps the place you two have had the most fun together, be it the dog park, or beach or for a drive or on that certain chair in your place etc. Then get her a big Mac or something big and unhealthy and just all around bad for her that she'll enjoy. Or maybe her favorite food, whatever that is. Spend a few hours in that special place, stuffing her face with her favorite treats/meal. Then take her to be put down, and stay there with her, holding her paw until she goes to sleep, and before her eyes close, tell her you love her one last time.

It's sucks but it sounds like it may very well be that time. I'm so sorry for your impending decision bro. Stay strong and think of the good times. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks for the tears jerk! Phone Post 3.0

Got to do the 'humane' thing my friend. Sounds like she is ready to pass on. Sorry to see you go thru this but she needs you to help her.

RockTheVote - Rough stuff. My dog lived 9 years. Had a couple tumors removed and the doc said the next one would probably be her last. Last March she stopped eating. Wasn't in pain, but slow. Looked confused. Thursday I scheduled a vet visit for Friday. She laid by my feet while my son and I pet her that night. Finally my kid falls asleep and I take him to bed. I get downstairs and my dog looks up at me and starts wheezing. Loud. My wife is at a work meeting and I know it's time. I'm calling my wife, no answer. I can't leave with my dog since my two year old is upstairs. I have guns, but the ground is frozen and I don't think I have it in me. She starts whimpering and lifts her head high enough to put it on my lap. Took a couple labored breaths while I told her it was ok and id see her down the road. Died in my lap. Bro I'm crying in public right now. Sorry for what you're going through. This hurt makes the good stuff feel even better. Phone Post 3.0

Jesus, did someone just punch me in the gut?

My dog died over the weekend. I went on a hunting trip and when I came back, I asked my fiance if my dog was in her kennel and she told me she died :( At least she is at rest now
RIP Kenzie Phone Post 3.0

Sorry bro.  Tha'ts heartbreaking.  

RIP Kenzie. Losing a dog is sometimes harder then losing a person. A dog never judges you, just gives you love. You can be poor or rich, fat or skinny, black or white and your dog won't give a fuck. Best creatures on earth are dogs! Phone Post 3.0

Truly sorry to hear that. Good luck Phone Post 3.0