DOH! $32 million lawsuit against UFC Pirate

http://nypost.com/2014/04/30/ufc-web-pirate-owes-32m-for-stealing-live-mma-events/

This Staten Island tech geek had better bolt his parents’ front door.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship is suing Steven Messina, 27, accusing him of being one of the Internet’s most prolific piraters of their wildly popular Pay-Per-View events.

The mixed-martial-arts behemoth is seeking $32 million from Messina, who lives in Great Kills with his mom and dad, according to a Brooklyn federal lawsuit.

The UFC claims in its suit that Messina uploaded 141 UFC presentations to controversial file-sharing sites like Piratebay and provided a PayPal donation link to keep the illegal practice going.

While Messina thought he was operating anonymously from his parents’ home under the moniker “Secludedly,” UFC investigators tracked down his real name and location and avalanched him with the massive civil suit.

UFC officials took note of Messina after he became increasingly cocky about his growing online status and referred to himself as the “Provider of Best MMA & Boxing rips online!,” the suit states.

He asked viewers to “Help Me Cap PPV!” through his PayPal account, called “MMA Capping Fund!,” according to the court papers, which allege he was trying to become the king of PPV pirates online.

He and his cohorts “are intent on becoming the most well known pirates and infringers on the internet by making their mark on the major torrent websites available on the internet,” the suit states.

Messina did not return a call for comment.

Along with HBO Boxing and Vince McMahon’s World Wrestling Entertainment, the UFC is one of the highest-grossing PPV attractions on television.

ouch

Sounds like a cocky moron.  His paypal account was probably linked to his personal bank account and it was easy as fuck to find him

wownder what hes ug acccount sn is

Soon as you start accepting money for pirated shit your ass will eventually get caught. What is Zuffa gonna take from the guy? His Star Wars collection and 1992 Civic?

Let me bang bro - 

I don't know, but I think he voted me down for posting that article Lol!!!

TzTinkle - Soon as you start accepting money for pirated shit your ass will eventually get caught. What is Zuffa gonna take from the guy? His Star Wars collection and 1992 Civic?

Its all about "shock and awe", they know they aren't getting anywhere near 32 million.

Let me bang bro -

Bobby Lupo? Phone Post 3.0

smth416 - 
Let me bang bro -

was thanking belator fan

smth416 -
Let me bang bro -

Lol Phone Post 3.0

StrikingMMA - 
Sounds like the kid wasn't very smart and didn't keep a low profile.

"That's a clown suit. That's a costume, with a big sign on it that says "Arrest me". You understand? You're too loud, you're making too much noise. Listen to me, the loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room. " --Frank Lucas, American Gangster

that's a good quote, i'm going to have to re-watch that movie now ;)

Riddlius - 
TzTinkle - Soon as you start accepting money for pirated shit your ass will eventually get caught. What is Zuffa gonna take from the guy? His Star Wars collection and 1992 Civic?

Its all about "shock and awe", they know they aren't getting anywhere near 32 million.

Agree.  They are setting a precedent for the future.  They KNOW they won't see the money, they just want to scare the shit out of any potential piraters.  

You know, back in the dark days. It was proper to spread the sport around. It was us keeping the sport out there, that built the core hardcore fan base that the UFC enjoys today. And that kept the UFC alive.

But those days are gone now. Everything is stable with our beloved sport. We can all sit back and just bitch about the little things that Dana does that we don't agree with. We don't have to worry about it going away anymore. Cause it's not going anywhere.

A number of years ago, Dana asked us all, very politely I might add. To stop spreading the shit around.

They don't need our help at all anymore in that way. It isn't "helping" anymore. Now it's just fucking theft. Whether you make money off it or not. It's still just theft. And what's even more important, is that not only is it not "helping" the sport anymore. But it's HURTING the fucking sport that you are thinking that you are a fan of!!

Just stop. Or else you will end up like this fucken guy. 32 million fucking dollars! Are you kidding me?? Fuck that shit, stop fucking around on the internet kids.

It's a new world, and it's not gentle.

Guy should have consulted with MentaL before he got all big-time

Damn whats his paypal? Phone Post 3.0

Guy sounds like a faggot. Bragging, asking for donations, ect

You wanted attention idiot, well now you got it.

Pirating isnt a kids game and isn't for e-fame.

vagabond - Guy sounds like a faggot. Bragging, asking for donations, ect

Well whos game is it and what is it for? Phone Post 3.0

He dun goofed! The consequences will never be the same!

Should have used bitcoin instead Phone Post 3.0

WeidmanBrokeTheLEGend - 
vagabond - Guy sounds like a faggot. Bragging, asking for donations, ect

Well whos game is it and what is it for? Phone Post 3.0

Its serious buisness and for educational use ONLY.