Doing web design from home.

I plan to start a community college Jan of 09 and will hope to get an Associates Degree in IT (web design, networking, etc).

I often see job listings starting in the web design field from $30k $ 40K per year, which to me would be absolutely great because as of now I am legally blind and have only been receiving disability benefits and have been getting around $8,000 per year.

I have been doing freelance design for about 7 years and feel right at home with Phtoshop, Dreamweaver and most networking so I am hoping the classes will not be that much of a shock to me.

My main question is, those companies who are looking for a webmaster and offering this kind of pay, do they often hire people in different states (possibly the same state) who would have a degree in that field and who can wok full time hours?

Thanks and feel free to ask any questions to help give better avice.

is it hard to still do design when legally blind? How much can you still see?

Good luck man! You can do it!

Juijitsuboxer - is it hard to still do design when legally blind?

From what I've seen, a lot of people are in his boat :).

web design is a great work from home gig, your chances should be good

from home is the best way to start, don't forget... networking is sooo important!

Word of mouth and networking my friend!

Briscoe - I plan to start a community college Jan of 09 and will hope to get an Associates Degree in IT (web design, networking, etc).

I often see job listings starting in the web design field from $30k $ 40K per year, which to me would be absolutely great because as of now I am legally blind and have only been receiving disability benefits and have been getting around $8,000 per year.

I have been doing freelance design for about 7 years and feel right at home with Phtoshop, Dreamweaver and most networking so I am hoping the classes will not be that much of a shock to me.

My main question is, those companies who are looking for a webmaster and offering this kind of pay, do they often hire people in different states (possibly the same state) who would have a degree in that field and who can wok full time hours?

With content management systems and stuff being outourced for cheap, don't expect much.

Kona Silat - 
Briscoe - I plan to start a community college Jan of 09 and will hope to get an Associates Degree in IT (web design, networking, etc).

With content management systems and stuff being outourced for cheap, don't expect much.

Which is why I'm going to major in Physical Therapist Assistant. Much harder to outsource and much easier to keep a job as it's in the health care related field.