Domestic Violence

A DV charge will haunt you for life.

Just a tip for you younger fellas out there. You never EVER want the cops called to your home during a dispute.

the shit can and will haunt you forever. Especially if you have to get arrested. You will never be able to own a firearm again. Like harder to get than a felon.  Thanks to the Lautenberg amendment. Look it up.

You can literally just break your coffee table or something lame and if you get arrested for DV, the Lautenberg amendment kicks in. No firearms for you FOR LIFE. Also no TSA  Precheck. No Global Entry etc...

Be careful. Have the talk with your woman about it. Never EVER call the cops.

Lol. Excellent insightful post good sir

"Honey please don't call the police when i beat the shit out of you, then i can't purchase a gun to shoot you"

The key is to call on her first when you know the divorce is going down

Isaac298 - Lol. Excellent insightful post good sir

"Honey please don't call the police when i beat the shit out of you, then i can't purchase a gun to shoot you"

I dont condone shooting anyone or beating your wife.

However if you live in an apt and your neighbor calls because you are having an argument you better be aware to straighten the fuck up when the cops come knocking.

ttt

You need to be convicted not charged for a DV to strip your gun rights post adjudication.  I do agree that the pendulum has swung too far in the wrong direction. It was a problem when police could walk away and let victims suffer.  But mandatory arrests are unfair to suspects and EVEN to officers who cannot use any common sense discrestion in cases that are weak but meet the statutory requirements of a DV. 

Yet another reason why shacking up with a woman who isn't raising your kids is a terrible idea. 

Rhymenoceros - I don't agree with Judge Mental on much, but I definitely agree with him here.

There are women out there who will use the threat of a fake domestic violence charge against you.

If you suspect that you are with one of them, you have to get away from them immediately.

I know this sounds crazy, but it happens way more often than the "regret rape" claims the OG seems to be obsessed with.

Just for the record, there is rarely any reason NOT to agree with me pal. 

"Have the talk with your woman about it. Never EVER call the cops."

You mean, put the idea in her puny brain to use that against you? Good plan!

in the uk ANY call to thepolice involving a couple or a former lover/partner is automatically logged as a dv incident and is automatically referred to social services and will definitely haunt you further down the line regardless of whether you are even charged let alone convicted. the laws and rules surrounding dv are disgusting and completely unfair, imagine having your children removed because you had a row with someone on the phone while you are WITH your partner, not even with her, next thing police are called by a neighbour who heard shouting, next thing your children are removed on the basis of risk of future emotional or physical harm, despite having never had any involvement with ss or having never harmed a hair on a single person. especially if you happen to have any violent offences on your criminal record. Sound like bs? its happening every day in the uk in the wake of the baby p enquiry.