Don Frye on Haku/Meng

https://youtu.be/3HTGZXLYBKI

Only first minute or so is relevant before he talks other stuff

https://youtu.be/nzofurecFto.

Dang I got in trouble for biting someone's nose when I was a kid. I diddnt realize I was channeling my inner haku!

https://youtu.be/nzofurecFto

https://youtu.be/40l1LtzAf2w

![Top Five Legitimate Hard Men | Ring the Damn Bell](upload://ciQYrYhXP04HLsi3i2jUcNNlsQJ.jpeg)

Yeah now post the video of vampiro saying Haku could break hand cuffs and rip telephone polls out of the ground lol the Meng stories as the ultimate tough guy is a rib and you all got worked 

2 Likes

Too the comment on Jerry saggs beating Ken Shamrock ?

It could’ve happened. Two sides to every story, but Ken shamrock wasn’t all finesse with his hands either . He could’ve got caught by Saggs. The reason simply not being a better striker by nature or getting hit harder by a naturally bigger man. It happens!

People thought Lesnar was going to be undeafeted based off of his size and wrestling credentials. But he ran into Overeem. Overeem knew he had better striking and good enough take down defense to beat him. (Not aids intestines)

Liddell base off of credential striking should've beat Rashad Evans.

Paulie should've beat Artem based off credentials.

Crocop should've beat Gonzaga based off striking credentials.

Crocop should've beat Randleman based off striking credentials. 

Tyson should’ve beat Douglas based off of credentials.

Once punches are thrown anything can happen. Just Cuase shamrock did UFC at that time doesn’t mean he couldn’t be caught or beat up!  Just like Bruce Lee being a great fighter with no record !

I think Ken Shamrock got injured during UU 96 becuase of three guys.

Don Frye 

Tank Abbott

Mark Coleman

Take brawl for all wwf  for instance. People thought Dr death was going to steamroll everyone based off of wrestling and football Credentials.  Ran into Bart Gunn who had a natural punch. Nothing technical but it hit on the button . This is also why I think Dan Severn backed out of it. Rules weren't in his favor with boxing gloves. Plus he saw Dr. Death get KOd .

Bas Rutten said there is no lucky punch. Did you mean to throw it? Then it landed?

many of other examples of people losing so to striking scenarios !

MR. Combatively 

2 Likes
mayor daley -

BS - Haku made a rep beating up drunks at bars that are smaller than him.

Don Frye is a real tough guy

Pro wrasslin fight stories are all BS

This. Also andre’s drinking stories are grossly exaggerated. He was a big dude, but Paul wight is significantly bigger and stayed more athletic and he doesn’t have any of these superhuman stories behind him. Andre drank a lot but he wasn’t drinking like 8 cases a beer in a sitting or whatever. 

2 Likes
MR Combatively - 

It could’ve happened. Two sides to every story, but Ken shamrock wasn’t all finesse with his hands either . He could’ve got caught by Saggs. The reason simply not being a better striker by nature or getting hit harder by a naturally bigger man. It happens!

People thought Lesnar was going to be undeafeted based off of his size and wrestling credentials. But he ran into Overeem. Overeem knew he had better striking and good enough take down defense to beat him. (Not aids intestines)

Once punches are thrown anything can happen. Just Cuase shamrock did UFC at that time doesn’t mean he couldn’t be caught or beat up!  Just like Bruce Lee being a great fighter with no record !

Don Frye 

Tank Abbott

Mark Coleman

Take brawl for all wwf  for instance. People thought Dr death was going to steamroll everyone based off of wrestling and football Credentials.  Ran into Bart Gunn who had a natural punch. Nothing technical but it hit on the button . This is also why I think Dan Severn backed out of it. Rules weren't in his favor with boxing gloves. Plus he saw Dr. Death get KOd .

Bas Rutten said there is no lucky punch. Did you mean to throw it? Then it landed?

MR. Combatively 

The 2 of them were harassing a female at a bar and Ken intervened.

Then Ken kept drinking and his temper boiled.

He couldn’t let it go.

So he goes to their hotel room and bangs on the door.

He gets in and one of them is on the bed, and Ken attacks him.

The other comes up behind Ken and hits him in the back of the head with a phone, knocking him out cold.

Then the 2 of them proceed to beat Ken while he is unconscious.

There was no trading of blows or any kind of one-on-one fight involved.

It was a bunch of very drunk guys acting stupid.

And LOL at Ken being afraid of any of those guys you mentioned.

Tank never beat a top fighter.

And Ken KO’d Coleman in training, and by all accounts handled him.

Yeah, it’s only training… but the point is Ken wouldn’t have had any doubts he could beat any of those guys back then.

3 Likes
Liyon - What about the Nasty Boys. IIRC, they beat the shit out of Ken Shamrock way back when before Ken got into Pancrase/MMA. It's easy to say that Ken would have kicked their asses post-UFC, but I'm not so sure.

Pretty sure it was after Shamrock was in the UFC but one hit him in the back of the head with a phone. He called them out face to face in person later and they didn't want a rematch 

MR Combatively - 

Don Frye 

Tank Abbott

Mark Coleman

MR. Combatively 

Who thought Brock was going to be undefeated?

He already had two losses before fighting Reem.

MEng is not on video ANYWHERE having a legit fight

all of these guys who tell these stories are telling 2nd hand and 3rd hand stories.

there is a career for retired pro wrestlers in having these shoot interviews. they circulate the same stories over and over and these guys werent even there for them

when people talk about meng being tough its based off of rumors. if they like meng then they spread the rumors more.

brawl for all answered the question re how tough pro wrestlers are. very few can fight.

1 Like

Tank was knocking guys silly unconscious!

NO ONE was doing that in the octagon at that time. Guys were in the crowd with signs that said "Tyson who?"

Ken wasn't ! 

Ken was naturally a guy who was 185 juiced to the gilles

Coleman was juiced to the Gilles but one of the best wrestlers to ever grace the octagon. Not to mention his mean streak Vicious GNP!

Frye was notorious for being a straight badass and being a tad naturally bigger than Ken.

Ken was scared of those guys in my opinion. You are also judging tank now not what he was doing at that point in time. He wouldn't have been able to handle those guys physically. Ken also knew he wouldn't be able to use his wrestling against those big wrestlers. 

And I’m not arguing over Bruce vs Meng . I will give u that it’s “he said” “she said”! 

But those guys that say about Bruce are his students in awwww of him. Meng actually just did it based off of nothing. Moverover that was his countless eye witnesses; not some Rex qwan Do sitting in front of Bruce just gobbling up what he says. 

Yes people thought Lesnar was going to be The unstopple freight “TRANE”! 

MR. Combatively 

1 Like

Ya I stand corrected on the undefeated ! But guys thought he was going to hold the belt "forever".

or literally throw people over the cage!

it was madness when he fought ! With ilhis cult following!

MR. Combatively 

The Ken Shamrock vs Nasty Boys incident happened BEFORE Ken was in the UFC or Pancrase. Ken was in some indy pro wrestling promotion in the southeast at the time. Also, like somebody above said, it was not much of a fight, as Ken walked into their motel room yelling at Nasty Boy Brian Knobs, and Nasty Boy Jerry Sags came up from behind him and hit him in the back of his head with the motel telephone. Then both Nasty Boys proceeded to kick him a bunch of times, and then they dragged him out of the room. The incident occurred because the Nasty Boys were harassing some chick at a bar, who I think was Ken’s girlfriend at the time.

Ken ran into The Nasty Boys at an airport years later, when Ken was working for the WWF and The Nasty Boys were working for WCW, and Ken punked them in the airport in front of some other wrestlers. After Ken approached them, Nasty Boy Brian Knobs apparently said something like, “Touch me and I’ll sue.” Other wrestlers who witnessed the incident were said to have burst out laughing, and then The Nasty Boys scurried away.

Ken would have destroyed either of The Nasty Boys in a fight.

1 Like
MR Combatively - 

NO ONE was doing that in the octagon at that time. Guys were in the crowd with signs that said "Tyson who?"

Ken wasn't ! 

Coleman was juiced to the Gilles but one of the best wrestlers to ever grace the octagon. Not to mention his mean streak Vicious GNP!

Frye was notorious for being a straight badass and being a tad naturally bigger than Ken.

Ken was scared of those guys in my opinion. You are also judging tank now not what he was doing at that point in time. He wouldn't have been able to handle those guys physically. Ken also knew he wouldn't be able to use his wrestling against those big wrestlers. 

And I’m not arguing over Bruce vs Meng . I will give u that it’s “he said” “she said”! 

But those guys that say about Bruce are his students in awwww of him. Meng actually just did it based off of nothing. Moverover that was his countless eye witnesses; not some Rex qwan Do sitting in front of Bruce just gobbling up what he says. 

MR. Combatively 

Sigh…

No, Ken wasn’t scared of any of those guys, and the idea he was is ridiculous.

“”""""“He wouldn’t have been able to handle those guys physically. Ken also knew he wouldn’t be able to use his wrestling against those big wrestlers”""""""

Yeah… tell that to Dan Severn.

And no, I’m not “judging Tank now”, lol.

Tank was awesome. One of my favorite fighters back then. But when he went up against the best guys, he lost. He even lost a decision to Ferozzo.

I’m not knocking Tank, at all.

Just pointing out that Ken wouldn’t have been “afraid” of Tank, or anyone else for that matter, at any time.

Hell, Ken took a kickboxing match with Frank Lobman just to test himself.

If anything, Ken was overconfident.

He was a guy that truly believed he could run through anybody.

2 Likes

I believe that too Ken beats them up too! 

I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is that it's not out the realm of possibility that KEN got KOd by Saggs! Saggs is a big guy who probably was in tussles before.

This isn’t tussle vs tussle who’s merit warrants who beats who! That edge def goes to shamrock because of actual fighting guys who Trained in fighting arts. 

all I'm saying is Saggs throwing a weighted punch could've knocked out Ken out! Kens been KOd numerous times.

Gym stories are gym stories too. Coleman and Shamrock. But if they fought at that time Ken loses badly to GNP. 

People get knocked down and out in sparring and training it happens. 

I don't care about the stories of seeing supposedly in airport . People act tough all the time in crowds. Meng bit someone's nose that's recorded. 

MR. Combatively 

1 Like
MR Combatively - 

I believe that too Ken beats them up too! 

I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is that it's not out the realm of possibility that KEN got KOd by Saggs! Saggs is a big guy who probably was in tussles before.

This isn’t tussle vs tussle who’s merit warrants who beats who! That edge def goes to shamrock because of actual fighting guys who Trained in fighting arts. 

all I'm saying is Saggs throwing a weighted punch could've knocked out Ken out! Kens been KOd numerous times.

Gym stories are gym stories too. Coleman and Shamrock. But if they fought at that time Ken loses badly to GNP. 

People get knocked down and out in sparring and training it happens. 

I don't care about the stories of seeing supposedly in airport . People act tough all the time in crowds. Meng bit someone's nose that's recorded. 

MR. Combatively 

“”"""

all I’m saying is Saggs throwing a weighted punch could’ve knocked out Ken out! Kens been KOd numerous times"""""

Ken didn’t start getting KOd until late in his career when he was shot.

He never even really got his ass kicked until the Tito fight.

Beyond that… yes, your point about the physical reality that anyone might possibly be KOd evwn though they are the superior fighter, is true.

But that point really has nothing to do with the well known story of Ken and The Nasty Boys.

“”""“Gym stories are gym stories too. Coleman and Shamrock. But if they fought at that time Ken loses badly to GNP”""""

Maybe.

It’s a fight I really wanted to see in the late 90s.

Personally, I think Ken submits a gassed Coleman, who had cardio issues at the time.

2 Likes
MR Combatively -

Ken wasn't ! 

MR. Combatively 

Ken wasnt afraid of Frye - thier fight in Pride proved that.

2 Likes

OnpunchJD

It may have went either way . Ken might have grabbed a sub! Man aren't you right though that's a fight we didn't get to see !

Kerryvonerichsamputatedfoot

I think that was Kens best fight in his career he showed a lot . He had to fight that fight like that though. But they were like Hopkins and Jones when they fought Calzaghe. Not prime time 90s ! 

pleasure in discussing fellas!

I haven't seen that in awhile in the forum!

MR. CombativelyÂ