Done with the Arnolds

shocking.....NOT

I hate this shit....Naga and GQ seem to be all that is left. I know better than to go to Carlson's tournment.

Who would have ever thought that ethnocentrism would be the death of sub grappling?

Hopefully plans go well and we can build a fairly run tournment in St. Louis.

Also who won the female divisions???

I know Jason Fowler and if the guy lost and was given a "gift" to move onto the next round, I have no doubt that he would not accept the win.

Misunderstandings happen, however Jason and taking a bull shit win isnt happening.

I think "Master" Bob should clarify his statement that Carlson Sr, who has accomplished more for the sport than Master Bob ever will, is a whiner.

I am hoping you meant Pe De Pano. Carlson is one of the most honest people Ive ever met.

Andre I don't want to insult you or Carlson but if you aren't on his team he isn't fair at all. Screwed me out of a gold medal at the pan ams last year.

JSMHP,

What happened? How did he do so? I'm surprised to hear it.

Thanks.

damn. fuck all that. good thing i didnt go there. i'm gonna stay with GQ.

LOL@Luvmachine.

How did he Carlson screw you out of a gold? I know
he wasn't a ref at the pan am's.

I agree that the tournament was very partial and unfair but I dont think it was a Brazilian x American thing&it was more like a team thing!
I am Brazilian and I got robbed big time. I was winning my fight by points and I had total control of it... but the referee robbed my title letting the guy to apply a choke on me when we were outside of the mats (we were on the other ring already) and I was standing to get back on the middle. On the other day he admitted his error and came apologize to me&too late!
Money, training, stress to get robed!

Arnolds was a big shame for the jiu-jitsu world!!!

People it is a one big typo or something like that..

He is talking about CARLOS GRACIE head of CBJJ and creator, owner and president of Gracie Barra.

He is not talking about Carlson Gracie Sr. He just made a typo or just mixed up their names. He is talking about Carlos Gracie. Carlos Gracie = Gracie Barra and Pe De Pano is part of Gracie Barra competition team.

Look it's not like this is somethig new. It has happened before and keeps happening time after time.

- In mundials of BJJ Gracie Barra fighter are favored. They have refs on their side because Carlos Gracie is the head of CBJJ and organises and owns mundials of BJJ. Refereeing is horrible at times. Partly because of this members of Nova Uniao BJJ competition team no longer take part in Mundials of BJJ.

- It happened in first European BJJ Championships too. It costed about 80 dollars to compete. Now I think it is a lot, but can live with that if the event is well organised etc. This is the European Championships after all. But NO!!!, It was VERY POORLY organised and refereeing was HORRIBLE. Favoritism towards Gracie Barra fighters was VERY OBIOUS.

etc.

right on Master Bob

This is no good

Master Bob:I was the ref for the Shonie Carter and JD match. Here is what happened. I was told by Relson's rep that if the match was to be 0-0 one unlimited OT was to take place until the first point was scored. Shonie never scored and JD pulled guard and nobody had any points. I applied teh rule for the OT and Shonie secured a leg and then JD to avoid the takedown pulled guard (Now under Relson's rules if a grappler has a leg adn the other one pulls guard is a takedown). So the point goes to Shonie and he won that fair and square under the rules.Jacare complain to Relson and then Relson said "That there where no OT in the no gi matches, the ref must pick a winner".Another last minute rule change. I want you to thank Monica, Terry and I forget the other spanish guy that I worked with the whole weekend.

Combat-do will be at the Carlson Sr. Tournament in September with lots of competitors. I truly wish the tournaments would be better with less bias. I will not go back to Relsons tournament. Carlson Sr. Has done great things for jiu-jitsu I don't argue that but influencing decisions is bullshit. If I had his influence I would be so far beyond any envolvement in an outcome of any match. He should sit and enjoy the fruits of his teaching, and not intimedate students into making changes in matchs. His brother is my hero I have always greatly admired him and he dismissed my question about the overtime like shooing away a stray dog. This dog bites. He better have his team well trained for his tournament because we are coming to win and we are coming strong. Master Bob

thanks for the info Carlao.

Btillet-Rhadi didnt pass shit. I got that fight on tape. It also shows Rhadi tapping too. But apparently the ref didnt see that one either(he was on the other side). Hence the booing crowd reaction.

Sorry to hear about your fight tho. btw- Kendall's american just like Rhadi and has no ties or affiliations with any of the ref's.

Man! I'm glad I decided not to go. It sounds like it was pretty horrible.

LOL ZeSaku

Guess we can see how someone gets a record of 500-0.