Don't Buy A House In This Market?

OG real estate experts, what do y’all think?

It’s the value of money going down. Not the value of homes going up.

It’s going to take more dollars to buy the same home for the foreseeable future. The fed isn’t going to stop printing money. Or stop buying billions a month in mortage back securities and treasury bills any time soon. In fact they will do even more of that well into the future.

He also didn’t mention the investment banks and hedge funds are also in the single family home market buying up everything as well.

If you don’t own a home now. It’s going to be a rough market. Lot working against you.

5 Likes

depends on where you are. if you are in vegas, florida, or texas i’d buy. People aren’t going to stop being commies up north and the flow of people isn’t slowing down anytime soon.

Exactly this. I kept trying to figure out how the housing and stock markets keep rising until I realized, this is what happens when you print trillions and trillions of dollars.

You’re not wrong about any of this, but the market will still correct at some point. It always does. Exactly when it will correct is a guessing game, but I give it 1-2 years tops.