Don't Hate the Messenger

Its tough being a liaison. Everyone blames you, even if all you're doing is relaying a message that may or may not have anything to do with you. Look at what happened to that Persian dude when he went to tell Leonidis a message...got his ass kicked down a pit.

Scott Ishikawa catches some major gas even though all he is doing it telling the public whats going on and why certain things are being done the way they are. He is not the one actually making the decisions. People still hate on him though, which is understandable since most of us are ignorant.

I bring this up because, this morning while driving to work on the H2, I see this lone guy wearing a bright orange vest and carrying a paint roller working on the side of the freeway. He is there all by himself, with his personal car parked just a few feet away. As I get closer I notice that this guy looks a lot like Scott Ishikawa.

The dude not only gets ripped by the ignorant public, he spends his Sunday mornings cleaning up the freeway all by himself, on his own time.

Ok ok, I'm not 100% sure it was him, but it sure looked like him. If it was, then I am a Scott Ishikawa nuthugger for life. Need more guys like him...too many stupid fakas nowadays.

Even if you don't like the message, don't hate the poor messenger.

he ain't no joke!

I've seen him at 24 Hour Fitness a couple of times. I think the next time I see him, I'm just going to give him a hug and tell him "good job". I'll hold onto the hug for a long time to see how long it takes for him to push away. If he doesn't, then I'm taking him home.

ask him if he wants to train. good jj candidate imo--much hidden anger and frustration behind that man in that job.

FCTV,

So its only me and you today huh? I'm on because I have no life so a hangover is far from a possibility. How about you?

I agree, he is out there with both feet in the "gutter". Takes a lot of crap from the possibly ignorant public who really aren't jumping in the gutter with him.

As someone else, since there are probably many others on the forum, who's feet are also in the gutter- I respect the difficulty of being both worker bee and the public information rep.

^werd

no hangover for me. pretty much don't drink anymore except for new years. it became too much like work--and it is, literally for me.

^So whats your new years drink of choice?

I'd have to drink sake every new years since I was about 5 years old.

this year, i stuck w/ Guinness, tsing tao, and moet white star. i seem to be getting weaker as i age.