Dont like the new weigh ins

You don't like it? We will make it policy! - zuffa Phone Post 3.0

It's easier physiologically for the fighters. That's really all I care about. If it look weird or fake it just reminds me these folks had to starve and be dried out for 4 to 6 hours less. Phone Post 3.0

I HATE this new weigh-in procedure. I don't mind giving fighters more time to re-hydrate, but the fact that they are doing these weigh-ins behind closed doors instead of live and we have to take the commissioners' word for their weights is bullshit. And then they do a phony weigh-in hours later just for tv?  It's ridiculous. I want to see how the fighters look on the scale when they actually make weight, not hours later. Many of us bet on these fights and seeing how the fighters look on the scale matters greatly. If they want to do early weigh-ins then do them in an organized fashion and show them live.

JimGunn -

I HATE this new weigh-in procedure. I don't mind giving fighters more time to re-hydrate, but the fact that they are doing these weigh-ins behind closed doors instead of live and we have to take the commissioners' word for their weights is bullshit. And then they do a phony weigh-in hours later just for tv?  It's ridiculous. I want to see how the fighters look on the scale when they actually make weight, not hours later. Many of us bet on these fights and seeing how the fighters look on the scale matters greatly. If they want to do early weigh-ins then do them in an organized fashion and show them live.

Agreed. Phone Post 3.0

Why dont they just weigh Them again, i would like to know how much most have Gained back alrdy..

1000people working for the ufc and best they could Come up with is fake weigh in.. Phone Post 3.0

michegre - Why didn't they just film it at 10 AM? Phone Post 3.0
What is pretend? They step on a scale, and pose plus a face off. Their official weight is read. If there was no weigh in "event" people would be pissed. It's part of fight week.

Personally I think it is way better. Especially with the new USADA weigh in rules about how much they can weigh fight week. Less time waiting while on weight and more time rehydrating is great for the fighters and their health!

Why would anyone complain about better health for fighters?? Phone Post 3.0

^^Didn't mean to quote you. Phone Post 3.0

JimGunn -

If you bet on the fights, this should be better for you. If they look like shit HOURS after they weigh in that says more than a fighter looking like shit while completely depleted.

I agree their should be some kind of footage of the actual weigh ins made available to the public but your comment on taking the commissions word seems silly. When they use a traditional scale you can kond of see but how about a digital one? Do you see them calibrate it? Were you able to confirm it is accurate? You take their word for it. Plus the opponent can have someone present when they weigh in. There is just as much a risk of fuckery this way or the traditional method. Phone Post 3.0

What if they filmed the weigh in and showed the clip of each fighter weighing in as a split screen as they're coming out on stage? That way we can still have a look at what shape they're in, see the weigh in and still get the stage event, which is fun as fuck. Phone Post 3.0

faking weighing in is pathetic

Bivabiva - What if they filmed the weigh in and showed the clip of each fighter weighing in as a split screen as they're coming out on stage? That way we can still have a look at what shape they're in, see the weigh in and still get the stage event, which is fun as fuck. Phone Post 3.0
Would be cool. Plus you can see how much bigger they are after rehydrating Phone Post 3.0

Winston Wolf - faking weighing in is pathetic
Why? What makes it pathetic? Oh and of course I voted you up Winston! Phone Post 3.0

stevekt - The actual weigh-in procedure is great. I think it is great for the fighters. I am all for it, I think most here are.

I think what most are criticizing is the mock weigh-in. There is no need to have them strip down and stand on the scale flexing. I think they should introduce the fighters and announce their weight then have them face off for photos. There is no need to strip down and stand on a scale.
This! Phone Post 3.0

I think they sell weigh ins tickets in advance just lime the fight cards. They also make some good money off those tickets. I think they should just get rid of the whole thing too but the chances they do that are slim lol. Money baby! Phone Post 3.0

It's way better for the fighters. Who gives a fuck about the dog and pony show? Phone Post 3.0

hitimes1990 - I think they sell weigh ins tickets in advance just lime the fight cards. They also make some good money off those tickets. I think they should just get rid of the whole thing too but the chances they do that are slim lol. Money baby! Phone Post 3.0
I think the weigh ins are free? Phone Post 3.0

Standup29 -
Bivabiva - What if they filmed the weigh in and showed the clip of each fighter weighing in as a split screen as they're coming out on stage? That way we can still have a look at what shape they're in, see the weigh in and still get the stage event, which is fun as fuck. Phone Post 3.0
Would be cool. Plus you can see how much bigger they are after rehydrating Phone Post 3.0
Exactly, the stage event would then serve as an official "this is defo now happening" event. Phone Post 3.0

They are doing these same type of weigh-ins in vancouver,BC for my teammates last fight. Weigh- in at 12, and come back by 5 for medicals and face-offs. Everything went smooth and the fighters were way more happy. Phone Post 3.0

michegre - Vote downs for an honest opinion. Disappointing. Phone Post 3.0
VU Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, why are they still taking their clothes off? Phone Post 3.0