Dont like the new weigh ins

michegre -
R00STER -
michegre - Vote downs for an honest opinion. Disappointing. Phone Post 3.0
The good news is, after 2 more you won't even know when they come. It'll take the sting away. Phone Post 3.0
Haha! Phone Post 3.0
I want them to adopt these rules every where. My favorite weigh in was for legacy and it was at 2pm. Almost every other weigh in has been at 7pm or later and it sucks. I've had at least two where the commission or somebody was late and we didn't get to weigh in until after 9pm. It's stupid. If I could wake up at 10 and go weigh in and be done it would eliminate half of the worst part of weigh ins which is waiting around all day hungry not getting to eat or drink. This is an awesome rule as far as I'm concerned. Phone Post 3.0

JimGunn -

I HATE this new weigh-in procedure. I don't mind giving fighters more time to re-hydrate, but the fact that they are doing these weigh-ins behind closed doors instead of live and we have to take the commissioners' word for their weights is bullshit. And then they do a phony weigh-in hours later just for tv?  It's ridiculous. I want to see how the fighters look on the scale when they actually make weight, not hours later. Many of us bet on these fights and seeing how the fighters look on the scale matters greatly. If they want to do early weigh-ins then do them in an organized fashion and show them live.

VU for typing everything I was gonna type.

If I were a fighter, I'd still strip naked and make them hold the towel...just for fun.

It also affects picks as well, they all looked much better out there because they had time to rehydrate but sometiemes you can really see who is struggling during weigh ins.

michegre - It's all pretend now and they're taking their clothes off for no reason. If they already know the weights, what is the point of the scale? Phone Post 3.0
Agree Phone Post 3.0

Bigmeech - Why dont they just weigh Them again, i would like to know how much most have Gained back alrdy..

1000people working for the ufc and best they could Come up with is fake weigh in.. Phone Post 3.0

This. I'm much more interested in knowing how much they weigh at fight time rather than the official weigh-in weight.

DMBpig -
michegre - Vote downs for an honest opinion. Disappointing. Phone Post 3.0
VU Phone Post 3.0
Back at ya! Phone Post 3.0

Ray Cappa - It's way better for the fighters. Who gives a fuck about the dog and pony show? Phone Post 3.0

better for the fighters, so has nothing against it.

Better for the fighters.... but I'd rather see the real weigh-ins, not some numbers called out 9 hours later.

how is it better they still have to weigh in why dont they just have the live video earlier in the day.Having them still stand on the scale is stupid

OP, after this fight, you still don't like the new weigh ins?

I don't like the new format either, but I love it at the same one. It takes away the anticipation of them knowing and we knowing if they're going to make weight. They have real emotion as they walk and get up on the scale. The stare downs are real, which I see as the hero of the whole thing.

Reason I love it, is that we're going to see better performances in the octagon, and less risks to fighters health.

I really hope they keep doing this format. So good for the fighters. It may be a little less entertaining, but who gives a fuck about that. Phone Post 3.0

JimGunn -

I HATE this new weigh-in procedure. I don't mind giving fighters more time to re-hydrate, but the fact that they are doing these weigh-ins behind closed doors instead of live and we have to take the commissioners' word for their weights is bullshit. And then they do a phony weigh-in hours later just for tv?  It's ridiculous. I want to see how the fighters look on the scale when they actually make weight, not hours later. Many of us bet on these fights and seeing how the fighters look on the scale matters greatly. If they want to do early weigh-ins then do them in an organized fashion and show them live.

Exactly what I came to say!!

As a betting man, I watch the weigh ins and look for dehydrated fighters or people who miss weight!!

On the other hand, I am all for fighter health and safety and to make it easy on them.. This would all be solved by filming the initial weigh ins and posting them on youtube or have a screen showing them weighing in early during the fake weigh ins.. Phone Post 3.0

Morpheus1976 -

I still dont like fake weigh-ins and strip down no. Like someone said they could just show the real weigh-ins on a screen behind them and have them come out to announce their weights. All they fakery is silly. Phone Post 3.0

michegre -
Morpheus1976 -

I still dont like fake weigh-ins and strip down no. Like someone said they could just show the real weigh-ins on a screen behind them and have them come out to announce their weights. All they fakery is silly. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah I didn't know until after I watched the weigh ins. I was wondering why they announced the weights so early, some guys were still getting on the scale as they announced their weights, I figured the audio timing was just off and I remember thinking that everyone looked great, best I've ever seen at a weigh in lol. Feel kind of stupid now for not realizing. 

What I don't like about it, is that it now takes attention off the actual hell these guys go through. Reform on Weigh Ins should not stop at this. It's a good first step but there needs to be more and taking the attention away from how much these guys are struggling is not helping the overall cause. 

JimGunn -

This how I feel about it. I've never bet on a fight until after I see how they look on the scale.