"Don't Listen to Amateur BIG WINS"---Experts

"Here's how a janitor amassed an $8M fortune"-----

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102410730

see link for cool article and video :)

"Ronald Read, a Vermont gas station attendant and janitor, invested in recognizable names when he amassed an $8 million fortune, according to his attorney.

A large part of that fortune was later bequeathed to an area library and hospital after his death, stunning a community that had no idea about his wealth."----article

"He only invested in what he knew and what paid dividends. That was important to him," she said in an interview with "Closing Bell."

Read, who died at 92, has been described as quiet and frugal. No one appeared to have any idea that he was so wealthy, including his stepchildren, Rowell said.

"It's a matter of living a certain way, keeping your lifestyle under control and being committed," he said.

For example, to reach Read's $8 million fortune, Hogan calculated that investors would have to invest about $300 a month at an 8 percent interest rate over 65 years."-----

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102410730

What good is 8 million dollars if you never enjoy it?

becoming a BIG WIN really is not so a impossible thing........

but you consumers keeps spending and making my stocks investments grow while I continue saving and investing :)

ptper - What good is 8 million dollars if you never enjoy it?

yeah, he probably really missed out not have ever I-thing release ;)

"When your cab driver, Janitor, Barber,______ tells you buy some stocks you know it's time to sell"-----Experts which don't have $8 million dollars

"It can be done. In America we need to start believing back in the American dream and stop buying the stuff that's on commercials," he said."------article

YES YOU CAN American Dream BIG WIN :)

Inspector Lunge - "Most of Read's investments were found in a safe deposit box, Read's attorney, Laurie Rowell, told CNBC. Those investments included AT&T, Bank of America, CVS, Deere, GE and General Motors.

"He only invested in what he knew and what paid dividends. That was important to him," she said in an interview with "Closing Bell.""

Imagine how much he could have amassed if he invested in real estate!

yeah, I have ALWAYS recommend a highly diversified portfolio same as I manage for myself.

Res ipsa loquitar - 
MasonJar - 

Maybe he enjoyed collecting money?

And disregarding females?

MasonJar - 

he probably enjoyed NOT having a financial stress and debt ;)

karasu - 
MasonJar - 

You can't save just to save there should be a purpose now if donating to the community was his good for him otherwise he could have used that savings to make his life more enjoyable

no worry about rent INCREASE when renew the lease......no worry about foreclosure..........no worry about debt.......no worry about how to pay for car in the shop.......

just $300 each month saved = EIGHT MILLION

maybe even $100 each month can be a BIG WIN!

BradGluckman - 
karasu - 
MasonJar - 

You can't save just to save there should be a purpose now if donating to the community was his good for him otherwise he could have used that savings to make his life more enjoyable

"he could have used that savings to make his life more enjoyable"-----

yeah, he should have instead enjoy the life and bought a THOUSANDS $$$ gun collections or every new release of a I-thing......and then he could worry about lose the job, illness, foreclosure, rent INCREASE.........

I think there could have been balance. He could have enjoyed life more and done more, but still had peace of mind of financial freedom. Sounds like a waste of life to me

TSMontana - 

Having that feeling he could just say "f*** you" at anytime and truly enjoy life is the best thing you can have. A lot of people on this thread could leave their job and retire if they had that sort of money.

Having that feeling he could just say "f*** you" at anytime and truly enjoy life is the best thing you can have------

BIG WIN

Jason - 

I think there could have been balance. He could have enjoyed life more and done more, but still had peace of mind of financial freedom. Sounds like a waste of life to me

maybe he did what he liked. Probably he enjoyed going to the local burger shack is what made him happy. Maybe he was a simple fellow which did not need all what the Jones has.

the article seems he lived honest and responsible and he made great charitable contribution for library and hospital.....yeah, sounds like a 'waste of life' ;)

Jason - 

This. I bet he stressed over every penny too.

I have a lot to think about, I think.

LittleJoeMama - 
Jason - 

This. I bet he stressed over every penny too.

it was only a average of $300 each month......it's not like he was putting away thousands each month.

he was a janitor which lived responsible