don't look up wilt's stats

unless you want to feel very bad about your favourite players

Everytime I look at Wilt's early stats, I think that there must be some sort of mistake.

A thing people don't realize.....

The best players back then took like 40 shots a game.

Today you only see like three or four guys average 20 shots a game.

50 points per game is mind-boggling no many how many shots you take. And it's not like he was jacking up shots, he shot a great FG% too.

yeah 50 and 25, pretty good year for wilt....uhhhh

lol

"50 points per game is mind-boggling no many how many shots you take. And it's not like he was jacking up shots, he shot a great FG% too."

Point being, if you give Bonzi Wells 40 shots a game with his .42% FGP he'll score around fifty points too.

Guys 50 points is 50 points. Just look at how much Iverson shoots a game and he still only gets what, 27ppg. Do you realize how hard it is to even average 20ppg in the NBA? Its so difficult

I plyaed with a guy in college that still has a lot of california high school scoring records. He broke many of Tracy Murray's records. This kid could arely make the team in college but he ould stroke. He averaged 47 a game as a senior in hs, yes he was in the lowest division but 47 game, thats a lot of point in 36 minutes

You could give many scorers in the NBA 40 shots a game and they still would have trouble getting 35 a game let alone 50

scoring that much is fuckin' hard. No matter what era you live in, you're playing against the elite of that time.

"Just look at how much Iverson shoots a game and he still only gets what, 27ppg."

He takes stupid shots all the time and isn't that great of a shooter imho.

"Do you realize how hard it is to even average 20ppg in the NBA? Its so difficult"

Yup, that's why Peja is the fuckin MAN!!! :)

Not to diss Wilt, but he played in a different era. He enjoyed size advantages that just aren't seen nowadays. Christ, every time I see one of his highlights that doesn't involve Bill Russell it looks like the man is being covered by John Stockton :)