Don't remember seeing this re; Pat Cummins, CRAZY

You're going to tell me comparing the UFC to kotc is ludicrous but then you spend paragraphs comparing the UFC to the NFL? Come on man. That ain't even the same sport. Phone Post 3.0

JoeHurley - You're going to tell me comparing the UFC to kotc is ludicrous but then you spend paragraphs comparing the UFC to the NFL? Come on man. That ain't even the same sport. Phone Post 3.0
Dana white is who compares the ufc to nfl. He says bellator isn't even his competition.

I have a ton of respect for you. I've seen you fight I've even seen you walking around with your title belt at a bjj tournament years ago but I think it's good to challenge the ufc and their stance on some stuff. Giving them a free pass all the time isn't going to help move them forward just like bitching about every little thing won't help either.

I don't give kotc a pass or bellator buy those guys aren't even coming close to making what the ufc is so that's not much of a comparison.

I don't really care all that much how much they make (obviously the more the better) but it frustrates me when they cant make the best fights happen because of money. That should never be an issue for the president and ceo when your car costs more than most guys in the ufc make in a year. Phone Post 3.0

I think it's the fact that the UFC didn't want to be seen as supporting a fighter that fought his wife.

So the act of violence on a woman. Makes them look worse than someone who stole things.

For example people with drug problems don't easily get jobs around drugs. If you've stolen a bunch of cars do you think you're getting a job on an auto lot? Phone Post 3.0

Jimmy Wrassler -
JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
JoeHurley -
Jimmy Wrassler - You don't seem to agree with the first post at all, just claim no matter what the UFC will be victimized. What is your point?

The other guys point is that you're always pro UFC, pretty obvious to anyone who pays attention. Are you disputing that? Phone Post 3.0

As for the first post I believe that things are handled on a case by case basis and don't think just because a guy got cut for beating his wife that it means anyone else with a criminal history should be cut. Not sure how the UFC are bad guys for not treating a burglary the same as spusal abuse.

As for being pro-UFC, yes I am.  Unlike some people I remember how it was to be a mma fighter in the 90's where opportunities and money where scarce.  Zuffa has done some tremendous things to help the sport and make it so many fighters can earn a living and have the opportunity to become stars.  I remember when Randy Couture and other fighters had to have jobs as wrestling coaches to survive, but now we have fighters making 7 figure paydays which was unheard of.  People used to think Rickson wanting 1 million to fight was an astronomical sum.  When GSP made 5 million in his last fight it really shows you how much things have changed.  That is on Zuffa.

I don't participate in the Zuffa bashing for fighter pay because they pay more than EVERYONE ELSE, but still get slammed while all those other organizations are given a free pass for paying fighters much much less.  Bellator pays a fighter 2k/2k?  No problem.  KOTC pays their champ 1k/1k for his last title defense?  Not a peep from anyone on this forum.  Zuffa pays a fighter 80k/80k and has him say it's barely enough and people are up in arms.  A guy on the dark matches gets 6k/6k for his first ufc fight?  Greedy billionaires!

I'm not just a fan, i'm a guy who has been through it and knows how hard it is so i can appreciate the opportunities that have been opened up and made available for Zuffa.  So when you ask me if i'm pro-ufc I have no propblem saying I am.  That doesn't mean I think they can do no wong.  I'm just not willing to ignore all the good they do just because some random fighter isn't happy with his contract or attack them because they don't just give away all their money for no good reason.

NFL pays practice squad players better than anyone you mentioned.

UFC isn't spelled UNICEF.

They position themselves as being on par with NFL and yet I can't name one NFL player who makes low end UFC money.

YOU may be Oliver Twist and recalling when there wasn't enough gruel to go around but I don't think saying, "Please Sir, may I have some more" is somehow inherently bad.

Comparing KOTC?

Let me know when people make vacation plans to take in a KOTC event and line up for 4 hours to meet a KOTC fighter and I'll grant you that argument. Phone Post 3.0

JeffersonDArcyChoke - Because if you are signing autographs for hours, you should be capable of signing your name on more than a lease for an apartment at the end of the day.

Hell, Pat Cummins was a co main event and was promoted heavily on television as a reason to order the PPV and yet he wasn't even paid like a practice squad NFL player you will never see at a game on Sunday.

Yes, the UFC and MMA in general used to pay so little that Kimbo earned more from Icy Mike in a boatyard but with a FOX deal, merch on shelves of Wal Mart and such it shouldn't be so bad to see fighters paid on a commensurate level.

Also, it does not look good when you have some guys blackballed from the UFC over a crime that even his ex wife says was blown out of proportion while Lloyd Irvin is allowed to corner guys and get tv time with his background.

I'd say Lloyd Irvin being at UFC events is worse than Will Chope.

I'm in no way defending his actions but does anyone here know his case enough to prove just what he did and that he indeed "beat up his wife"?

His ex says it was exaggerated. Phone Post 3.0

I think you pretty much summed it up.  Comparing a multi billion dollar current UFC to the SEG dark ages or KOTC is ludicrous.  Yes the UFC pays more then anyone else, just like MLB pays more than AAA teams..... whats your point?  What percentage of the profit would you say the UFC shares with its fighters?  10%?  20% ? Its crazy that guys like Canelo Alvarez can sign with Golden Boy for a 80/20 split when the UFC is doing the opposite.  They went from being in debt to worth 3.5 billion in what, less than a decade?  How do you think they did that?  It wasnt by paying the fighters their fair share. 

Can you think of anything the UFC is doing wrong?

You guys comparing the UFC to the nfl is ridiculous- and Dana said that's where he's aiming, not where the UFC is right now. Fighter pay comes down to economic realities- if the market could sustain higher pay then it would happen, regardless of what the UFC wanted.
You both also often talk about the UFC being in decline... You can't have it both ways- they're as big as the nfl and should pay more or they're in decline? Which one boys. I don't particularly care- I just love watching the fights and every now and then the bitching people do about the UFC gets really irritating. Peas out. Phone Post 3.0