Dont take your kids to the Passion

i saw the movie this morning, a friend got me into his theatre for free :)...

where the movie is very powerful in its depiction of the torture and suffering...it is not something that children should see...just fair warning...

the movie itself, like i said was powerful in its depiction, but seemed all too caught up in the violence and the point was almost lost upon me as i was turnin my head every few minutes...

wonderfully acted, great visuals, but this is an action movie...imagine the last scene in braveheart, where wallace is being tortured for 2 hours but shown in detail...

My girls will be going, but the youngest is thirteen. I think emotionally traumatizing teenagers, is our mandate as Christian parents.

the rev

Getting em back for all that squealin during the party eh? Niiiice :)

lol nope, no FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOM

but it was quite gorey...be prepared for years of nightmares and psych bills, and thats just for you, nevermind your kids ;)

I think emotionally traumatizing teenagers, is our mandate as Christian parents.

I don't understand that logic at all rev. Not trying to troll here, but could you please explain?

I heard it was disturbingly gory in torture.  And they loved it.  And it was 2 Jews loving it so there.  I was going to wait to rent it but now I may go this weekend. 

"I think emotionally traumatizing teenagers, is our mandate as Christian parents."

LOL!!! A chunk of apple almost made it out of my mose! LOL!

I think emotionally traumatizing teenagers, is our mandate as Christian parents.

I don't understand that logic at all rev. Not trying to troll here, but could you please explain?

Okay, I'll try and explain as well as I can,

I was kidding

I hope that makes sense to you

the rev

*whew*

I was hoping so!

Peace!

I hear rev pulls the heads off of puppies in front of his kids to teach them a lesson.

R, I believe.

if it wasnt the story of jesus, it would be NC-17

I heard that too. Of course, the South Park movie WAS NC17, and they made a phone call and got it changed without having to edit anything. So it just depends on the whim of the ratings board, I guess

that is very true

it is subjective

I think the violence is also based on whether it's gratuitous or not. Clearly there is a distinct message between "Natural Born Killers" and "The Passion". The violence in the Passion serves to identify the depth of the sacrifice and love of Jesus.

i agree with that, but that brings me back to the original point, that many kids cant make that distinction...

for anyone who actually cares, I thought the scourging was the only part that was worse than your average Rambo/Lethal Weapon/Terminator type movie

My traumas as a child.

Day 1:

Seeing the Holocaust memorial, talking with survivors, watching documentaries, recreations and Nazi footage.

Day 2:

Visiting old, burned out shells of tanks and trucks on the sides of roads, visiting memorials and for the first time seeing my dad moved to tears over freinds he lost, talking with ex-POWs.

Exposing your children to the horror of life can be quite healthy if handled properly. I plan on teaching my children about the Holocaust quite early.

MS

I saw the film and was deeply moved. I came away from the film loving my Lord even more. To see what he endured for me and for everyone. The film was very violent...I would say brutal. The violence was needed, although I think he might of been able to tone it down a bit. I have seen worse in many of the above mentioned. I think why it was so shocking in a sense, is unlike those movies where the violence is carried out on different people, This film the violence is directed at one person, for an hour.

yours in Christ

sherm

yeah, it was pretty bad, but it wasn't gratuitous like I had been led to believe it would be. If anything, I thought the ending could have been a little more graphic. it was almost an anti-climax compared to the scourging