Doom3 release date!

August 3rd, 2004!

GENTLEMEN, START YOUR UPGRADING! My x800 should be on its way now, i dunno if i can afford a new CPU/mobo although i really need it :(

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B644930A

August 2005 it is!

Well at least Gamespot and EBgames are on the same page with this date and Amazon and Bestbuy only off by a few days. I still dont see anything on the offical ID or doom3 site.

We'll see...

I doubt it.

It'll be out before Duke Nukem Forever.

No Jack, Doom 3 was never supposed to be out at any time, you must be thinking of HL2.

Id has always said Doom 3 will be out when its ready. Lets hope its ready in Augest.

The only prior release date Doom3 has given was THIS SUMMER. Some online vendors have been giving estimated days, which are of course off, but iD has never released any info until this E3 when they said "This summer". And now they're saying "August 3rd". Can´t see how this can be contrued as a late release.

I am waiting for the big games to come out before I upgrade.

They announced at E3 in May that Halo 2 is coming out Nov. 9th. That's the set release date.

GENTLEMEN, START YOUR UPGRADING! My x800 should be on its way now, i dunno if i can afford a new CPU/mobo although i really need it :( ur thinking about spending like over a thousand dollars on a fucking game?!!! where u the douche bag kid who bought the nintendo robot with gyromite??

I wouldn´t be surprised if rumors, even credible rumors said that. But i don´t think they officially said anything other then "When it´s done" until this E3, even THAT was unusual for ID i think, they never give predictions on when their products will be done. Usually it's the online vendors such as EBGames that project when it's ready (remember in january they had it slated for an april 15th release, although this info was nowhere to be found from ID).

Where is SPG when ya need him.. this thread has his name written all over it.