doom3 video

http://www.algonet.se/~lavender/vid/Doom3_CDog.wmv

For those of you that don't know what doom3 looks like. This is being run on a geforce3 so if you've got a decent gfx card you should be alright.

Enjoy

Remember that's the ALPHA, too.

I've got a Radeon 9800 pro and it runs awesome.

Right Click...Save As

dom3.e3-demo-alpha-leak.exe

about 372 MB

spg, do you know the commands to change resolutions? I had the alpha when I had my old rig, xp1800, ti4200 and 512mb of ram and it ran well on 800x600 but slowed down a bit at 1024. I've got a 9700pro allinwonder(best investment I've made on a computer) and I don't have the alpha anymore but I'm curious as to what type of frames per second you're getting with your gfx card.

To check frames per second download fraps at www.fraps.com

That program is awesome, it allows you take screenshots as well as make videos while you're gaming.

It was running at 60 fps at 1024 on my FX5600

well, if it was running that fast on your fx5600 than I should be more than alright.

eric: where are you getting it from? im at work and need soemthing to play lol.

gabora - Yep.

r_mode X

vid_restart

X goes:

1400x300
2512x384
3 640x480 (default)
4800x600
51024x768
61152x864
71280x1024
81600x1200

I think.

You guys think a GeForce 2 is sufficient or should I invest in a new card?

EricM is correct.

Yama - You will want a new card.

I've been out of computer gaming for a long time so I'm out of the loop when it comes to the best hardware and processor speeds. What kind of card do you recommend and what should I expect to play?

BTW we should all hook up for some team games or something. I already pre-ordered my copy of Doom3 so I'm really looking forward to this.

Aight, can't wait till the end of March. Funny things I'm probably going to start a new job then. Hope it doesn't F things up for me productivity wise. Must exercise discipline....:)

I'm such a fucking loser. I have 2 preorders of Doom3 because I wanted one of the posters for my apartment and one for work.

Dude, just sell your extra copy on Ebay when its out of stock everywhere. Being a loser is an opportunity for profit.

"...Aight, can't wait till the end of March. Funny things I'm probably going to start a new job then. Hope it doesn't F things up for me productivity wise. Must exercise discipline....:)"

ERRRRRRRRR, you better hold off on the gfx card then. If you're even remotely concerned with productivity don't buy one. :)