Double Hernia Surgery (Mesh)

I get conflicting guidance everywhere. Can anyone in the know give me an idea how long after surgery before I can go back to training BJJ?

I had mine done in 2001 and it still hurts and feels tight sometimes. I’d probably wait 22 years just to be safe.

1 Like

I had both done at separate times when I was in my early 20s. I went back after 8 weeks or so without issue. To this day I will get occasional soreness when doing heavy lifts for leg press squat or dead. But other than that I’ve had no issues. I should add that I’m now 45 so they were done 20 plus years ago.

1 Like

Yep. I had a hernia op when I was 18 months, testicular muy balls got twisted so they had to split me n fix me but I had a hernia op at 21 with mesh replacement and I’ve had issues with my stomach ever since. I’d try to go natural if at all possible if that is pos in fact. Idk I wish I had never put a foreign substance inside my body and had done more research. I need to get some of that 3 am commercial hernia mesh money cause it’s prob the reason I’m about to have a gallbladder surgery rn. Idk man I can feel the shit inside my stomach not sure if that’s scar tissue or what and don’t believe them when they say you’ll never have another hernia after mesh because I’ve got one right in that location. They’ve prob upped their game in 20 some yrs tho lol but be leary and ask lots of questions from people who’ve been thru it. You’re doing a good thing asking here, sports is what gave me most of mine aside from when I was 18mths, that’s was prob from whacking my Lil peen too much, was a early bloomer. Nah but you’re doing right by asking here tho. Don’t believe those cocksucking docs. There is a doc on Netflix about this mesh. It costs like 15 bucks a square ft to make and they charge thousands, it’s a scam. Search mesh doc on Netflix.