Double underhooks

c'mon slacker

thats it, ive had it! if i ever meet that slacker, im gonna march right up to him, clinch and go for double underhooks........and most likely get salto'd damned slacker:P

That's right bigD! Don't take no shit from that slack-ass!!

;)

bigD13B

when you have your one underhook in, pay attention to where your head is, it should be on the side of the underhook right in his temple. I never really went for double unders, but try working his head, rememebr to move your feet, by keeping pressure on top of his head it gives him something else to think about and opens him up on the other side to go to your double unders. From there you can do a throw by, throw by and drop to a single, since you are tall maybe a bear hug. Just a few options, but i think the most important part is head position, head pressure, and moving your feet. Good Luck

Riley

cheers for that info as it is usefull to my single underhook game, however i was more talking about when we are pummeling and both have an under over with no real advantage to iether of us. i can work my second underhook through but they just often start overhooking hard before i can penetrate the second one well.

DAMMIT!

ttt.....this wait better have been worth it:)

Double underhooks are a great tool if you know how to use them, and a complete waste of time if you don't.

Double unders are a tool, not a final goal. if you can get them.. great. if not, don't worry too badly, if you can get close to double unders, you can use his defensive response as a great setup for other attacks.

Most people that don't spend a lot of time pummeling actually pummel wrong.. they tend to dig downward, rather than leaning their weight on the elbow joint, and pushing inward. If you catch him in double unders, and he's digging one of his arms in, resist it enough to make him push harder, and catch him with an armthrow on the arm he's now underhooked.

Using the same tactic of allowing him to work an arm out.. supposing I let him work his left arm towards an underhook, as his weight reaches into the underhook, my left arm is going to tug his right lat, making him step in a circular motion to my left side, as his arm gets out of the underhook.. I change levels down and across his body, my left shoulder hitting the crook of his right elbow, my left ear tight to his body keeping his left arm trapped to his side (control his left wrist with your right hand, keeping it close to his hip), cut the corner with your right foot, and get behind him.

when you do have double unders, you've got a few things to worry about.

1) You're in a position to be headlocked, don't push in too hard

2) if you bodylock him, he can lock his double overs, and if he's got good hips, he can backarch throw you over

3) he can fake the backarch to get you to sag your hips back.. as he "committed" to the throw by stepping in deep, all he has to do is spread his knees outwards, as your sagging motion will catch your thighs on his, knocking you backwards.

(to be continued)

Todd - can you explain how you pummel? When you say you "lean weight on the elbow joint" - are you saying that you are leaning your weight on your upper arm (elbow) and your forearm digs inward, or are you leaning your weight on the crook of HIS elbow while digging inward?

Please explain, sir. A "Pummeling 101" might be good for us non-greco type people.

ttt for the next instalment!!! awsome info so far! thanks!

ttt