Double unders pass against lanky people

I was trying to work double under passes the other night but was struggling when the guy gets sleeve control on both arms and then was able to dig in butterfly hooks 

Not a bicep ride position inside the arms but fucking long legs that he was able to get hooks in over my arms if that makes sense

I'm having a little trouble visualizing this, but there is a simple little transition you can make if you aren't able to close the distance against someone lanky for the double under pass.  It's almost like a sit out/baseball slide type motion to whichever side you pick.  I'll see if I can find a video for it.

No idea if this will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gQdM2YQW9M

LordSeano - 

I was trying to work double under passes the other night but was struggling when the guy gets sleeve control on both arms and then was able to dig in butterfly hooks 

Not a bicep ride position inside the arms but fucking long legs that he was able to get hooks in over my arms if that makes sense

you need to lift his hips up before he can put the hooks in

nogidavid - 
LordSeano - 

^^ This. Get his hips up high. You want to have your opp stacked onto the back of his neck with his hips above his shoulders, and your chest against his lower back. Now his only option is to try to roll out to his knees, as your chest is stopping him from bringing his upper and mid back to the mat to get his legs back into play.

James

Sir Taps - 
nogidavid - 
LordSeano - 

^^ This. Get his hips up high. You want to have your opp stacked onto the back of his neck with his hips above his shoulders, and your chest against his lower back. Now his only option is to try to roll out to his knees, as your chest is stopping him from bringing his upper and mid back to the mat to get his legs back into play.

James

yup... and i always try to keep my knees into my armpits, so that my thighs are against my torso and there's no space for him to insert his foot. Don't chase his hips, pull his hips onto your lap. .... He has a great counter that really only needs 1 foot hook to get a shoulder lock or granby back roll sweep.

If's often better to dig for dbl unders, but switch to single under as he counters. He may counter by trying by turning to the side a little to get his first foot in...at this point he's giving you an opportunity to switch to the single under.

kick out on one side and switch to the over under

falsecrack - kick out on one side and switch to the over under

That is my standard follow up which I teach from double under pass

- Opponent bends knees and pushes heels down to the mat to counter double under pass

- Tilt his hips so his left leg is closer to the mat

- Stretch back your right leg then trap his left foot with your right knee

- Take your right arm out from under his left leg and push his left knee with your right hand as you drop your right ear into his right hip

- Back step / switch base with left leg to pass to his left side 

The moment they get double butterflies or as it's happening rather, I pull one arm out, as that arm pushes their leg down and behind me, I sprawl the opposite leg, initializing and over/under half guard pass