Dr Martens... NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Wearing a 9 year old pair of docs as I'm reading this. Soles worn damn near smooth. The only way they could be better is if they were made in Murica. Phone Post 3.0

it'll be bought by the chinese and will never feel the same.

sockeye - I haven't seen anyone wear Doc's in years here in Los Angeles. Phone Post 3.0

Too warm I suppose. 

I see them all over NYC and Beijing.

I have had the regular boots, the slippers and the hard-toed sandals. All amazing quality.

Where I grew up we used to have a problem with skinheads. Kids in my neighborhood used to get in a lot of fights with skinheads all the time. The skinheads always wore those and so did the skinheads who were not racist? I think they called themselves SHARPS? Kind of like the Bizzaro version of the skinheads, didn't smoke or drink. I think you were supposed to tell the difference between them by the color of their shoelaces or something.

Anyway, I remember that was like the big thing for a lot of guys, if you could knock out a skinhead and take his docs, it was like the ultimate trophy. It was pretty out of control.

A couple years later one of the skinhead guys in the group we used to fight with killed some African Immigrant at a bus stop. He just walked up to him and shot him.

I remember watching the news when the cops tracked him down and took him into custody. Surreal.

Anyway... sorry for the off topic. It just made me have a flashback of my teen years.

buddie - Where I grew up we used to have a problem with skinheads. Kids in my neighborhood used to get in a lot of fights with skinheads all the time. The skinheads always wore those and so did the skinheads who were not racist? I think they called themselves SHARPS? Kind of like the Bizzaro version of the skinheads, didn't smoke or drink. I think you were supposed to tell the difference between them by the color of their shoelaces or something.

Anyway, I remember that was like the big thing for a lot of guys, if you could knock out a skinhead and take his docs, it was like the ultimate trophy. It was pretty out of control.

A couple years later one of the skinhead guys in the group we used to fight with killed some African Immigrant at a bus stop. He just walked up to him and shot him.

I remember watching the news when the cops tracked him down and took him into custody. Surreal.

Anyway... sorry for the off topic. It just made me have a flashback of my teen years.

I appreciate a good story. Thanks for sharing.

I have a pair that I have been wearing, off and on, for the last 20 years.

comfortable as all hell.

jjchgo -
mrSLIM - Made for, waffle makin', kickin' in the shin. Phone Post 3.0

VTFU!

Nice! The OG Ois! Phone Post

I still have a pair of 10-hole green suede boots. They don't fit me anymore, but I just can't bring myself to get rid of them...

Recently wore my old Docs to a NIN concert.

REPREZENT!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

buddie - Where I grew up we used to have a problem with skinheads. Kids in my neighborhood used to get in a lot of fights with skinheads all the time. The skinheads always wore those and so did the skinheads who were not racist? I think they called themselves SHARPS? Kind of like the Bizzaro version of the skinheads, didn't smoke or drink. I think you were supposed to tell the difference between them by the color of their shoelaces or something.

In fairness, the skinhead movement wasn't a racist movement to begin with. The racism started on the terraces in the 70's and continued with the Boneheads in the 80's.

Th original Skinhead movement started earlier than this and it was subculture of Mods that liked SKA music.

I was under the impression the quality had suffered since the majority of the manufacturing moved to Asia from England. Phone Post

I've had a 2 pairs that have held up for 17+years.

I still always wanted the ox blood and green ones.

ferox13 - 

In fairness, the skinhead movement wasn't a racist movement to begin with. The racism started on the terraces in the 70's and continued with the Boneheads in the 80's.

Th original Skinhead movement started earlier than this and it was subculture of Mods that liked SKA music.

Interesting.

Here is the story I was referencing. The skinhead's name was Nathan Thill. He also shot an paralyzed a woman who came to the victim's aid at the bus stop. She ultimately died several years later from her injuries.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_20036699

As I recall another guy, tied in with this group was shot and killed after he shot at cops. It was all pretty crazy. I remember that there was supposedly a 'death warrant' list that these guys (the skins) put out.

I heard I was on the list through the grapevine. I had some nights of looking over my shoulder a time or two, actually looking for people in the trees and bushes before I walked to my yard when I came home. One of the guys who was also on the skinhead's list got beat and hospitalized. It was a pretty crazy time looking back at it.

The fights we had in the neighborhood was how I ended up boxing. Getting involved in boxing probably saved me from becoming a real knucklehead.

I went through 3 pair In a year. Walk about 2 miles a day at work that's it. Garbage. Red wing shoes Phone Post 3.0

I had a couple of pairs for years and years, ex-wife put all my clothes and shoes in a dumpster...

sly fox - 

I had a couple of pairs for years and years, ex-wife put all my clothes and shoes in a dumpster...

Ha! Was it the babysitter or the secretary?

dannybjj - 

I was under the impression the quality had suffered since the majority of the manufacturing moved to Asia from England. Phone Post

People seem to think so, but I didn't notice a difference. Still got 4+ yrs out of a Chinese-made pair. Grip-Fast and Grinders are the two brands that the anti-Docs bunch buy now.

Also, you can order "Made in England" Docs in the US still. They run around 140, last I checked.

Roy Batty - 
dannybjj - 

People seem to think so, but I didn't notice a difference. Still got 4+ yrs out of a Chinese-made pair. Grip-Fast and Grinders are the two brands that the anti-Docs bunch buy now.

And I got over a decade out of a made in England pair. How you were unable to tell is baffling because the difference in quality was night and day.