Dragon Age: Origins...

I've just started playing Dragon Age: Origins on the pc. Who's played it and what did you think?

One of the best games ive played. Especially since you probably bought the ultimate edition with all the DLC + awakening for something like 29$, its a great value.

Dont bother with Dragon Age 2 though.

Agreed play DA1 and the expansions and don't bother with DA2 at all.

Have not bothered with DA2 but had Origins on the pc and it was a great game. Very fun and engaging story. Good game choice.

DA: Origins was my favorite game since the release of Oblivion.

Graphics are meh, but that's about the only downside to the game.

Origins is a FANTASTIC game.

Dragon Age is a classic example of how clueless big companies are.

Dragon Age:Origins was a throwback to "real" RPGs. Deep, detailed, turn-based (in a way). Sales were phenomenal -- it outsold the more action-oriented, console-ified Mass Effect games; critics raved; and gamers loved it.

So what did Bioware do?

Took out all the complexity and made the sequel an action game. Sales were bad, critics were unimpressed, gamers hated it.

I played Dragon Age: Origins for Xbox last year and i absolutely fucking loved it. I think i finished it 3 times. First as mage, then a warrior, then a rogue. Didn't get the second one though, been meaning to for while now but i heard it was kinda underwhelming.

I preordered the second one and still haven't bothered to finish it. Whata half assed sequel

Second one isn't nearly as bad as I was led to believe.

For starters, I LOVE DA:O! Had 360 version, beat it at least 6 times and probably just as many partial campaigns saved. Xbox then RRoD'd on me. Switched to my ps3, had the itch, bought ps3 copy, probably around 5 more finished campaigns!

Just last week finally got DA2 and was a little thrown off at first by the changes but am know on act three and loving this game. Its bugged to shit but it really hasn't bothered me being in Kirkwall the majority of the time and I think the story is pretty interesting.

The qunari are badass in it too. The mage attacking is sweet too. Actually feel like a badass with your staff instead of those lame wands.

If you liked da, surely the sequel is worth picking up for $29 brand new! Phone Post

Just finished first playthrough of DA2...arghh I want more of the story NOW Phone Post

I thought the second was terrible.  It was a dime-a-dozen action RPG with an uninspired, boring ass segway story line. Hope they can't make the third it was so obvious they were following a mass effect formula to maximize sales.

The first was a masterpiece, a real show of what could be done in the pcRPG genre on console and with next gen technology. Sadly we've seen nothing, i wanted a DnD title so bad after that.

Big Pun - I preordered the second one and still haven't bothered to finish it. Whata half assed sequel

Exact same thing for me. I hope they make it right in Dragon Age 3. Also Hawkes is a shit character get rid of that punk.

raoulDuke -  didnt they eliminate char creation in DA2?? lol, what a fuckin waste

Have you tried it?

In my mind, I was against it. Everyone shit on it. I never tried it until last week. STILL A FUN GAME. A game that is 75% Dragon Age is still better than most games out there...and its only $29 new now. Phone Post

DA:2 had some strong points. The new talent system was cool. Varric and Isabella were awesome characters. Some of the story elements were quite strong.

But it totally missed that epic feel from the original. The world was too small and not varied enough.

DA:1 is my GOAT when it comes to rpg's. Phone Post

Waylay - DA:2 had some strong points. The new talent system was cool. Varric and Isabella were awesome characters. Some of the story elements were quite strong.

But it totally missed that epic feel from the original. The world was too small and not varied enough.

DA:1 is my GOAT when it comes to rpg's. Phone Post

I loved what they did with Aveline too, she was my favorite I think. Fenris was cool too but a little too emo.

...and the Arishok...fuck yeah he was cool.

I agree, though, nowhere near as epic as Origins, but in a way it opened up the universe of Dragon Age a lot for future installments.

And no, Morrigan, that kinda sucked. Phone Post

The main problem with DA2 was that all the dungeons were the same. if the dungeons had been varied it would have been a much better game.

Would never touch a DA again thanks to skyrim Phone Post

LittleKang - Would never touch a DA again thanks to skyrim Phone Post

Kind of short-sighted aren't you?

"I now like this one thing that I just got and will never again like one of those other things that has yet to be created"

I love all kinds of games. I love all kinds of systems. I got all I wanted out of the great "9/10" games? I move on to your Far Cry 2s, your Red Factions, etc.

Maybe I just love video games too much but unless a game is fundamentally broken or no-name shitware, I'll give out a chance and take something fun out of it. Phone Post

I will never py money to the dragon age franchise again after DA2. I don't care if they make a part 3. I no longer trust them to make a quality game out of it