Dragon vs Shogun confirmed for UFC 104 10/24

Fugazi - 
frontrowbrian - 
Fugazi - Didn't Leites get the shot over Okami(who arguably deserved it more)?
Leites getting a title shot was the UFC WTF moment of 2009. I don't think anyone has figured out why he got the shot. No one knew who he was, he was coming off a fight with Drew McFedries, totally nonsensical and UFC got everything they deserved putting him in there with Anderson.

Right. Which is why I don't see the comparison between Shogun and Leites being valid.

I compared them in only 1 way, neither deserved the title shot, Leites was definitley less deserving, I'll say that.

Are people actually surprised? Zuffa has always given undeserved title shots.

UFC have given away worse title shots in the past.

Leites, Cote, Lesnar, Eilers, Randy, Florian, Sherk, Quarry were all given unwarranted title shots.

That's just it. I'd rather see Forrest get a shot before Shogun but it is what it is. I'm looking forward to seeing him against A.Silva.

Nobody else AVAILABLE right now has more claim to getting the shot.

Vera and Hammill will answer some questions and might put one of them up for a shot down the road. Cane has been impressive but not against name guys like Liddell and Coleman. Jones isn't ready and Jardine is coming off a loss.

Bader? Sosyinski?

McSlugga, if i'm missing someone that should get it AND is available then fill me in.

^ True Story.

PRIDE NEVER DIE

Fugazi - That's just it. I'd rather see Forrest get a shot before Shogun but it is what it is. I'm looking forward to seeing him against A.Silva.

Nobody else AVAILABLE right now has more claim to getting the shot.

Vera and Hammill will answer some questions and might put one of them up for a shot down the road. Cane has been impressive but not against name guys like Liddell and Coleman. Jones isn't ready and Jardine is coming off a loss.

Bader? Sosyinski?

McSlugga, if i'm missing someone that should get it AND is available then fill me in.

Its not a case of you missing anyone cause youre really not, to me, its more about title shots being warranted. Again, there wasnt really anyone else more deserving for Silva to fight so they gave us a Pro Butt Scooter. For my money I would rather they plan better and or sign some new talent. I guess, for all the Dana hate, I wish there was a lil more Joe Silva hate.

Bry Bry - dumb matchup..SHogun beats WASHED up Liddell and he gets a title shot??SHogun should have to beat rampage in order to fight machida..

I agree for the most part, but who should get the next title shot if not Shogun?

I just thought about it for a min and several fighters are already inked for fights or even less deserving of a title shot.  Who am I missing?

This fight will be awesome, Shogun and Machida are both bad asses.