Drawing a Woman in One Line (and Other Art)

Me drawing a woman in a single continuous line.

5 Likes

Here's another (longer) video of me drawing a piece called "Three Wise Observers" - it's got music attached to it (unlike the first shorter video above)

1 Like

And here's a video I posted before - it's me doing single continuous line drawing exercises of my hand and whatever else pops into my head. The soundtrack to this one was provided by my son who composed the music for it.

1 Like

"In Particulate".  Ink, graphite, wax on paper. 11 x 14 inches

"Yellow Woman" - Watercolour and Ink on paper. 11 x 14 inches

"Storm" - Watercolour and Ink on paper. 11 x 14 inches

1 Like

"Pulling on the strap of her dress" - Single continuous line drawing, Ink on paper. 11 x 14 inches

1 Like

Impressive stuff!

Props to you, sir

awesome work as always

Great Bambino - 

Impressive stuff!

Props to you, sir

Thank you my good man!

Very impressive talent.

* On a SideNote:  You have very small hands for a man.

On a SideNote - 

Very impressive talent.

* On a SideNote:  You have very small hands for a man.

Not really - my fingers are thicker so maybe if you see my hands in isolation they look smaller. 

Here's a self portrait I drew along with the source photo - not sure how much bigger the hand should be compared to my head...

1 Like

robert bentley -

How much is something like this? And would you consider painting one similar but bigger? Awesome work as usual!

ttt

How long did it take for you to realize you had this talent? 

Matrix - 
robert bentley -

How much is something like this? And would you consider painting one similar but bigger? Awesome work as usual!

I'm launching a new website and increasing my prices soon - but before I do I'll have another sale for the OG. This would be $220 (or %25 off that if you've purchased work off of me before or if you're buying more than one). 

Basically the sale would be: $120 for the single continuous line drawings - $220 for colour works, 25% off everything if you've already purchased work, and if you haven't but get more than one piece - you only pay the first price on one and each additional is %25 off.

I would definitely be up for painting something similar but larger - how big did you have in mind?

(I've already done a comission for someone from here who wanted a larger example of a they liked)

robert bentley -
Matrix - 
robert bentley -

I'm launching a new website and increasing my prices soon - but before I do I'll have another sale for the OG. This would be $220 (or %25 off that if you've purchased work off of me before or if you're buying more than one). 

Basically the sale would be: $120 for the single continuous line drawings - $220 for colour works, 25% off everything if you've already purchased work, and if you haven't but get more than one piece - you only pay the first price on one and each additional is %25 off.

I would definitely be up for painting something similar but larger - how big did you have in mind?

(I've already done a comission for someone from here who wanted a larger example of a they liked)

Awesome man! Let me discuss it with the wife and I’ll hit you up either here or PM. Give me a day or two. I’m guessing around 4 by 6 ish? I could be way off though lol. It’s a big wall and we’d love to have some original artwork on it. Your stuff is really unique imo.

Matrix - 
robert bentley -
Matrix - 
robert bentley -

Awesome man! Let me discuss it with the wife and I’ll hit you up either here or PM. Give me a day or two. I’m guessing around 4 by 6 ish? I could be way off though lol. It’s a big wall and we’d love to have some original artwork on it. Your stuff is really unique imo.

Thanks! 4 x 6 is doable but obviously shipping is going to be a bit more (I'd have to check out what it would be). 

Either DM here or you can email me at:

robert@bentleyartist.com

Cheers!

1 Like

TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 - 

How long did it take for you to realize you had this talent? 

I'm not sure if I'm especially talented, but I've been very lucky in that I was encouraged and supported properly growing up. What I mean by that is that when I showed interest in Art I wasn't given a general and essentially dismissive praise for how good at drawing I was; my father told me that if I wanted to be an Artist I should learn how to draw the human figure and he gave me a bunch of books and lessons starting age 5 or 6. 

I've always been drawing, and from around 15 years old I made sure to make it a daily habit. 

Thanks for the kind words. Talent is a slippery concept and hard to pin down because sometimes it's passion for a topic + luck + putting in time + not getting discouraged. 

I'm not saying I don't have any talent - I probably do; but as a concept it's usually over played. 

"Enjoying a Good Book" - Watercolour and Ink on paper. 11 x 14 inches