drawstring woes

i hate the drawstring on my gi pants! it is constantly getting pulled
around and ending up so that one side is wayyyy longer than the other
side and I am scared to try to fix it because i'm afraid one way will
disappear completely inside the pants when i try it. yes, i'm that
mechanically retarded.

the pants also constantly are getting loose during practice as the
drawstring "untightens" and i'm always having to retie it.

anyone have any tips to control this awful piece of fabric? i am thinking
about just biting the bullet and purchasing some elastic waistband gi
pants...

I was thinking of making a little instructional of how I use coat hangers or pens to rethread the draw string to fix it being all to one side. Maybe I'll make this my gift to you.

I took mine out and replaced with a round cord. Used a safety pin to get it in. Works much better now.

go to any fabrics store, and ask for cord. get a good quality one, preferably thick not pencil dick thin. rip out the old cord taking note of what way it went through as i can guarantee u that u will thread it wrongly. use the safety pin or a tie the end to a price of wire and get cracking.
make sure the cord is long enough to double tie it

If the string is lopsided to one side, you actually want to loosen the shorter side only, then pull the pants tight. You will have to do this several times to get the string even.

"go to any fabrics store, and ask for cord. get a good quality one, preferably thick not pencil dick thin. rip out the old cord taking note of what way it went through as i can guarantee u that u will thread it wrongly. use the safety pin or a tie the end to a price of wire and get cracking. make sure the cord is long enough to double tie it"

Tie one end of the new cord to one end of the existing string. Then you can either adjust the existing string without worry about loosing it in the hem or you can pull it all the way through and have a new cord in the pants.

just use gaffer tape to stick your trousers around your waist every time you train.

or just be bum sticking out guy, I don't think he's made it into any of those BJJ type lists but he certainly should be there.

Another reason to only go No Gi.
Adam

Adam, sounds like he's ending up no-gi part way through the training.

OK, hold the long side in one hand. With your other hand, alternate pulling the short side of your pants out and pulling the short side of the cord. After a few tugs you'll be right! (as the actress said to the bishop)

Double-knot when you tie your pants! Nobody wants to see man-ass in class. Nobody.

Who cares about the drawstring, that's why we wear belts, right?

Dude,
I'm all about the suspenders idea. I want those rainbow ones that Robin Williams used to wear as Mork from Ork. You old dudes know what I'm talking about.

I can see a whole new set of suspender chokes now... Fear the wrath of my rainbow suspender choke fools!!!!!!!

part of the problem may be that i do not wear underwear during
training.