DREAM 9- FW GrandPrix 2nd Round Matchups

Taken from Dream's website:

Matchups in the 2nd found of their Featherweight GP:

Kid Yamamoto VS Joe Warren
Imanari VS Bibiano Fernandes
Yoshiro Maeda VS Hiroyuki Takaya
Abel Cullum VS Hideo Tokoro

Apparently DJ Taiki got injured again and Tokoro moves on to the 2nd Round anyway

Thoughts on the matchups?

not particularly thrilled.

any word on what Superfights or HW fights they'll have on the card?

southsidesti - any word on what Superfights or HW fights they'll have on the card?

shut the fuck up bro, KID YAMAMOTO IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cullum/Tokoro fight is going to be really good

^  True.  Unfortunately, whoever wins it gets murdered.

I think it depends.

My guesses to move on would be Kid, Imanari, Maeda, and Cullum.

I think Cullum/Imanari could be a good grappling match. Abel would also have a chance of submitting Maeda possibly.

Least likely chance of moving on if he gets Kid in the 3rd round.

Never know though, maybe the time off will affect Kid.

Imanari is not going to be Bibiano.  Which I would guess is why they made it.

The winner of Cullum/Tokoro will get Kid or Bibiano, at which point you will see something violent.

Never know, they could always have the fans vote for the matchups they want with the Final 4 like they did with the other GPs

Didn't they draw numbers for the LWGP?  I seem to remember all the LWs pulling numbers out and all being confused what they meant.

Dreamer - Matchups in the 2nd found of their Featherweight GP:

Kid Yamamoto VS Joe Warren

Right now forum member Keith Kizer is freaking out due to the knowledge that both Yamamoto and Warren will be virtually immune to pain by fight time and a potentially fatal bloodbath could ensue.

I know they had voting at one point. May have just been for the MW GP.

I know it was done for the MW one becuase everyone voted for Sakuraba VS Tamura. Then Tamura got injured and the replacement fighter was Melvin. No Sakuraba fan would have voted for him to fight Melvin

PS: God help us all if Kid and Warren start kneeing each other on the ground as well.

Cullum and Tokoro should be 2 of the lowest seeds, yet theyre fighting eachother?

That doesnt make a lot of sense

RIP Joe Warren

Id say Bibiano/Tokoro, Cullum/Imaari makesmore sense