DREAM IS Over?

I just read that DREAM lost their prime time slot on Japanese TV. How bad is this for DREAM? Can they continue to pay fighters and put on the shows? PPV is not an option, so what will happen?

same thing that happened to pride, just much faster

http://forum.kakutougi.info/showthread.php?t=10090

it links to a Japanese site that I can't read.

PPV is not an option? Then why is the next show on sky perfect ppv? Get your Japan news from nightmareofthe battle.wordpress.com next time.

FEG probably can pay their fighters, on ticket sales. Remember, their shows aren't stacked with high-priced fighters yet. A number of good fighters, but only one or two stars.

I'm not saying FEG has scored with Dream---A long ways from it. But I wouldn't be so sure about this show's demise. People thought Pride was dead. But pride, as a brand, was always dead. Brands are non-living (elite xc, the ufc, ifl, all brands are inanimate). The people holding up the brand are very much alive.

---don't expect any mass suicides of mma promotion in japan.

"PPV is not an option? Then why is the next show on sky perfect ppv? Get your Japan news from nightmareofthe battle.wordpress.com next time."

I mean as far as generating big revenue. From what all the Japanophile reporters say, Japanese PPV market is very, very small. Not at all like the US.

They have not completely lost the prime time slot, it was never promised to them as a full time thing. They tried to see if DREAM could change the ratings slump HERO'S was in and since it didn't really, they have moved the next 2 shows to a different slot.

However the finals of both GPs will both most likely be shown on prime time as they will feature quite a few big names and KID will be fighting on one of the cards.