Dream match ups between MMA and NoGi fighters?

Who would you like to see from (predominately) MMA and BJJ roll under sub wrestling rules?

I'd love to see BJ vs Marcello, Aoki vs Hall, Roger vs Fedor, Leo Viera vs GSP, Durinho vs Diego.

Lol why are these interesting? Pretty obvious the Jiujitsu guys are going to slaughter the mms guys! Phone Post

Well BJ, Aoki and GSP are all blackbelts. Fedor is a combat sambo champion many times over. Diego has done well in sub grappling tournies in the past.

So it's not exactly like I'm asking to see Manny Pacquio vs Rafa Mendes. Josh Barnett has entered NoGi tournies in the past and won them. I'd like to see how these guys would stack up. Regardless of who wins they'd be entertaining to watch.

These are all good match ups. I've been thinking about this for a good while. I believe BJ and GSP would do well in the ADCC. I hate the UFC don't let these guy compete else where. People fail to realize the MMA fighters have back ground, and for the most part was killing the game in respected sports. People don't know Anderson silva used to knock people out boxing, or mat Hugh and Tito Ortiz grapple at the ADCC. So many great grappling match that are out there that will never happen or even thought about. I hope the UFC expos will do more grappling T. GSP is not my favorite MMA fighter, but if he did a submission only match with BJ Penn with gi or no gi it would be epic. Phone Post

Diego would do well. He had a great match with with Marcelo before ever studying BJJ with a BJJ blackbelt.

Lol why are these interesting? Pretty obvious the Jiujitsu guys are going to slaughter
Lol yeah cus only jiujitsu guys do well nogi Phone Post

Gsp already did adcc in 05 and got owned by Leo santos . Sanchez got beat recently at a grapplers quest by hall . Aoki also got beat in adcc . The mma guys would not do well in sub grappling against these guys and vise versa if it was mma . Phone Post

Bionik Careca - Gsp already did adcc in 05 and got owned by Leo santos . Sanchez got beat recently at a grapplers quest by hall . Aoki also got beat in adcc . The mma guys would not do well in sub grappling against these guys and vise versa if it was mma . Phone Post

Yea, you are right. Still would like to see UFC expos do more grappling comp. The skill level may not be there, but I think it would still be cool to see. I'd still like to see how BJ Penn's jiu jitsu is today compared to back in the day. Phone Post

Bionik Careca - Gsp already did adcc in 05 and got owned by Leo santos . Sanchez got beat recently at a grapplers quest by hall . Aoki also got beat in adcc . The mma guys would not do well in sub grappling against these guys and vise versa if it was mma . Phone Post

You don't think that the GSP of today is any better a wrestler and overall grappler compared to 05? I think he's a different fighter. Everyone can lose at a high end tournament but that doesnt mean they can't win there either. Do we all think Royler sucks because he lost to Eddie? Of course not.

Again, I don't think the MMA guys would come out on the winning end of things but I think there are exciting match ups to be made. One of the things that used to make ADCC more exciting was how they brought people from all grappling arts together.

I'd give Rousimar Palhares a chance against anyone. What he lacks in common sense he makes up for with phenomenal leg lock. I was at adcc this year, everybody was scared of him, inc his opponents. Phone Post

MurdochIRL - Who would you like to see from (predominately) MMA and BJJ roll under sub wrestling rules?

I'd love to see BJ vs Marcello, Aoki vs Hall, Roger vs Fedor, Leo Viera vs GSP, Durinho vs Diego.

First thing I thought of was BJ/Marcelo Phone Post

MMA guys did pretty good in the ADCC this year. Phone Post

Shields vs Galvao
Penn-Marcelinho
D Terrell-Xande
Aoki-Kron
Nick Diaz-Claudio Calasans
Palharaes-Braulio Estima
Barnett-Roger Gracie Phone Post

Saku vs Rickson nogi submission only Phone Post