Dredd is a masterpiece

Seriously, i can't get over how close to the source it is.

The only thing they left out was the lingo

"Drokk"
"Stomm"

and the bikes were more sporty than hog style (which only makes more sense really).

etc

I was literally transported back to my Childhood of reading 2000 AD except watching it on screen.

Urban is Boss as Dredd. I was skeptical from stills but he has his scowl down pat and his lines are right out of the comic.

So unbelievably happy with this film, i'm like a kiddy kid. Not even bothered they didn't use Anthrax "I am the law".

Gritty, gory, hardcore, funny.

Fuck, what a film. Really hope they get to do more.

6 Likes

I liked it a lot too

really well done, blows the stallone piece of shit out of the water

Goes as my sleeper of the year award. I thought there was a line where Dredd talks over the comms and says maw maw isn't the law, i am the law. Maybe it was something else.

Great movie. Heard that it did so bad in theatres that there will not be a sequel. Too bad really. May turn around with DVD sales. Phone Post

1 Like

Isaac298 - Goes as my sleeper of the year award. I thought there was a line where Dredd talks over the comms and says maw maw isn't the law, i am the law. Maybe it was something else.

no your right, he says "I am the Law" twice.

Once when he rolled out the flash grenade and once over the tannoy/comms.

Both times it was said as part of a longer statement so it could've been missed. I liked that it was there but not stuffed down your throat.

I loved the fact that Dredd just steam rolled everyone. Only the other judges gave him issues.
Like it should be.

that's too bad about the sequel opportunity, at least this one can erase the Stallone abomination.

Was a terrific film- the only way they strayed from source was the depiction of MegaCity 1 whihc was less 'futuristic' than the comics but I'm guessing that was to keep it gritty looking/budget.

wow, good to read this. I was so dismally disappointed by the Stallone steamer that I avoided Dredd in fear of further damaging my fond childhood memories, but it sounds like this is worth checking out.

Yeah, wasn't Megacity 1 supposed to be the entire eastern seaboard also.

I kind of liked the squalor visual of the city but you're right that they didn't have much in the way of really futuristic gadgets (except the guns).

Is Judge Death in this movie?

About to crack a 40 and watch it

I loved it

Tomato Can - Is Judge Death in this movie?

No.

Apparently the plan was to introduce the Dark Judges in the later films.

Ryann Von Doom -
fingers 'n' teeth -
Tomato Can - Is Judge Death in this movie?

No.

Apparently the plan was to introduce the Dark Judges in the later films.

Still is. If it's a cult classic it will get the sequels out we deserve. Before te bluray release we were at 36 or 34mil. The bluray sales because of word of mouth will get us past the 50mil mark we needed. Phone Post

? So you see more coming out? Phone Post

Great!!

It really deserves it.

As good as the Stallone one? Phone Post

A sequel isn't beyond the realms of possibility, it made back most of its budget on overseas distribution rights sales (it was made for less than $50 million), so it should be in profit just from Box Office given its minimal advertising budget, not to metion it made it to number one at the UK box office and should do well on DVD/Blu over here (its only been out 3 days).

It's also topping the US retail sales chart right now IIRC

Hmm. I usually trust the OG's movie advice, so why not.

I was all set to skip Dredd based on the shitty box office numbers. Minus well!

DREDD IS MY GOAT ACTION MOVIE. Phone Post

I really liked it too
Dredd was a bawss! Phone Post