Drinking and lifting TME

So some of you might have followed my previous thread about dumping my ex (the pic is in that thread so gfy). Anyways I started working out again to stay busy and positive. I also started drinking more to stay numb. Started high protein diet.

My question is this: Will drinking beer and scotch erase my gains? Will it stunt muscle growth? Phone Post 3.0

TIA VU to everyone in the thread. Phone Post 3.0

I have always heard it is bad for the gains.

I quit drinking except for special occasions and I'd say I've gotten bigger.

But I'm also in the gym a whole lot more Phone Post 3.0

Voted up ^^^ Phone Post 3.0

If it affects your ability to recover yes.

You will also get fat due to the huge amounts of calories in alcohol. Phone Post 3.0

Firemansam - If it affects your ability to recover yes.

You will also get fat due to the huge amounts of calories in alcohol. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

I want fat. I'm skinny as a rail. 150lbs. Phone Post 3.0

Your body needs good calories after lifting. If anything, have a glass of red wine (maybe 2) but anything more it is just a waste.

Sogflop -

I want fat. I'm skinny as a rail. 150lbs. Phone Post 3.0
A few beers a night wont affect your gains then.

Binge drinking causes low test so keep that in mind, low test equals no gains. Phone Post 3.0

AndyWangPainTrain - If it fits within your range of Fat/Protien/Carbs percentages than its ok. Kind of an IIFYM thing. Phone Post 3.0
Well no not really as the calories in alcohol arent from fat protien or carbs. Each gram of alcohol contains 4 empty calories. Phone Post 3.0

beer and scotch are just a notch above drinking gasoline when it comes to workout gains.

weed on the other hand is magical. Can motivate(like liquor),increases your appetite after a workout and helps you rest.

mrichter - Absolutely drinking inhibits any type of nutrition plan. If you are doing it everyday then stop and at least save it for one day Phone Post 3.0
Have a round of VUs gentlemen. Phone Post 3.0

Only helps if you lift when drunk.