Driving in New York, 1940’s (colourized).

https://youtu.be/yHe_d2hUVnA

5 Likes

Really cool. The color really brings it to life. Everyone looks so proper, well behaved, and dressed nice.

1 Like

It's incredible they weren't crashing into each other with so few traffic guidance

I went way down this rabbit hole one night and watched a bunch from different cities and different eras. Super cool stuff. 

TexDeuce - 

Really cool. The color really brings it to life. Everyone looks so proper, well behaved, and dressed nice.

Yeah but of course there was still jay walking and horn honking but for the most part this definitely appears to be a much cleaner NY than how it currently is.

I wonder when 42nd street started to become “42nd street”.

BringBackHeadbutts -
TexDeuce - 

Yeah but of course there was still jay walking and horn honking but for the most part this definitely appears to be a much cleaner NY than how it currently is.

All of the sounds in thise videos are superimposed.

Before BLM came along to make the world a better place. 

1 Like
sgotwalks -

I went way down this rabbit hole one night and watched a bunch from different cities and different eras. Super cool stuff. 

Vancouver is pretty cool too... did you know we changed the side of the road we drove on?

Jan. 1, 1922, as drivers of automobiles, streetcars, and wagons had to adjust to driving on the right side of the road when the rule of the road changed at 6 a.m.

DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -

It's incredible they weren't crashing into each other with so few traffic guidance

It still is.  I forget the stats but something like 50 people get hit by cars everyday in NYC.  Blows me away it's not more.

Later

EFM -
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -

It still is.  I forget the stats but something like 50 people get hit by cars everyday in NYC.  Blows me away it's not more.

I bet most of it is out of towners. There’s a symphony of chaos there. If you’re in the groove you get it and can go with the flow. 

It looks like a nice place. That must be from before black people ruined it.

3 Likes
JPro -

It looks like a nice place. That must be from before black people ruined it.

![Here's why you won't be able to walk in and get an iPhone 7 today](upload://bj64mjdLGlmp0NPa4Xwr1DvgRLg.gif)

1 Like
JPro -

While you will get hated on for saying that but stats do not lie.

1 Like

In

Very cool

That’s pretty sweet

Lol @ all the jay walking

I visited friends un Newport Beach, CA a while back and was looked at like i was some vagrant when id jaywalk those quiet beach town streets

I only crossed when no cars were around at crosswalks, but nobody crossed until they had the walk signal

JPro -

I’m sure there were plenty of black people but the cops weren’t handicapped from being able to do their jobs back then. 

sgotwalks -
BringBackHeadbutts -
TexDeuce - 

All of the sounds in thise videos are superimposed.

I was wondering why I didn’t hear any “I’m walking here’s!”