Drone Attacks Knockout Half of SA Oil Supply

https://www.apnews.com/d20f80188e3543bfb36d512df7777cd4

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) -- Yemen's Houthi rebels launched drone attacks on the world's largest oil processing facility in Saudi Arabia and a major oil field Saturday, sparking huge fires and halting about half of the supplies from the world's largest exporter of oil.

The attacks were the latest of many drone assaults on the kingdom's oil infrastructure assaults in recent weeks, but easily the most damaging. They raise concerns about the global oil supply and likely will further increase tensions across the Persian Gulf amid an escalating crisis between the U.S. and Iran over its unraveling nuclear deal with world powers.

2 Likes

Cliffs: Refineries attacked in SA, Iran-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen claim responsibility, Pompeo blames Iran for supplying the drones.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of guys

4 Likes

Time to get the US back into fracking.  Drill, baby! Drill!

We're already doing that thanks to Trump.

If this brings gas prices up I'm going to be pissed 

Not gonna lie, I'm a little excited to see what my U.S. based oil stock does monday. Been hanging on to this dog waiting for a miracle.

on the other hand, I'll be selling my Houthi rebel stock at the first opportunity. Their future isn't looking good.

6 Likes

I'm ok with our black ops killing anyone who creates chaos over there.  

Not jusf black ops.  But anyway we can cheaply and efficiently.  Just murder them. 

3 Likes

Prices will go up for sure.  The oil industry is booming in the US.  My wife's uncle works in the west Texas oil fields and said that anyone who is willing to work can make $50-65/hr to start.

Dirtywhiteboy -

Not gonna lie, I'm a little excited to see what my U.S. based oil stock does monday. Been hanging on to this dog waiting for a miracle.

on the other hand, I'll be selling my Houthi rebel stock at the first opportunity. Their future isn't looking good.

Lol

Dirtywhiteboy -

As a guy also into oil stocks, why couldn't they have waited till Monday to attack?  The Saudis may be able to recover most of the production by Monday.

good fuck them.

15 of the 19 on 9/11 were from SA.

they had something to do with it period.

the only weapons we should be giving SA are American rockets and missiles fired into all their oil fields.

Saudi Arabia is ready to fight Iran to the last dead american.

8 Likes
Dirtywhiteboy -

Houthis have held up pretty well. Exposed the saudi's military as most expensive paper tiger in history.

Fathead D -

Prices will go up for sure.  The oil industry is booming in the US.  My wife's uncle works in the west Texas oil fields and said that anyone who is willing to work can make $50-65/hr to start.

You can make good money but not for the people wo some skills. And even w experience still not that much

Dirtywhiteboy -

USO! USO! USO!

HTMNDN - good fuck them.

15 of the 19 on 9/11 were from SA.

they had something to do with it period.

the only weapons we should be giving SA are American rockets and missiles fired into all their oil fields.

Saudi Arabia is ready to fight Iran to the last dead american.

this guy, he gets it.

3 Likes

Aren't they blaming this on Iran? Didn't Pompeo say this? Seems like a great excuse to attack Iran. Derp 

Good! My fuckin royalty checks have been respectable, but not what they once were. USA! USA! USA!

gas prices goin up for us- fuck!

1 Like
KDK1CallingKDK12 -

Aren't they blaming this on Iran? Didn't Pompeo say this? Seems like a great excuse to attack Iran. Derp 

Yes he did. There is some "evidence" the drones were supplied by Iran.