Drones under $500 TME

I'm in the market for a drone but don't know a lot about them so maybe some of the drone hobbyists on the OG can point me in the right direction! 

I plan on primarily using it when I fish to help carry bait out further than I can cast but without having to use a kayak so it'll need to have a minimum range of 500 yards

since I'll be using it to carry bait I'll need it to be able to lift at least 3lbs

Since this will involve flying an expensive electronic over saltwater while towing a small fish I'd like something I can rely on

I don't need it to be fast or nimble, just smooth and reliable 

Well motherfuckers?

http://bfy.tw/AVMp

^^^ this one for sure.

If you are spending $500, you minus well spend $1k on a nice one with some accessories. A DJI Phantom would probably be the best option, although a 3lb payload is a little heavy depending on wind. You can get a Phantom 2 or 3, which are the previous generations, for decent prices on Amazon. I have a Mavic, which is an amazing drone but I'm not trying to lift weight like that.

Don't get a 3DR,which are super cheap at best buy and amazon. They stopped making and supporting their drones because they are huge piles of shit.

The DJI f550 would be a good option. A little more than 500 if you get one prebuilt or 500ish if you gather the parts and put one together.

It's a hexacopter which will be better for the payload and a little redundancy should one of the motors take a shit while you're over the water.

Either way make sure you get one with GPS and altitude hold and learn how to use that over land first

thinwhitemale beardNtats - The DJI f550 would be a good option. A little more than 500 if you get one prebuilt or 500ish if you gather the parts and put one together.

It's a hexacopter which will be better for the payload and a little redundancy should one of the motors take a shit while you're over the water.

Either way make sure you get one with GPS and altitude hold and learn how to use that over land first

Thanks!

Do they come with like claws or something on the bottom now so you can drop a payload off? Or, maybe pull a sleeping beach girls bikini off? Cause that'd be tits. Literally.

I would spend the 1000 and get the mavic pro

Stupidnewbie - If you are spending $500, you minus well spend $1k on a nice one with some accessories. A DJI Phantom would probably be the best option, although a 3lb payload is a little heavy depending on wind. You can get a Phantom 2 or 3, which are the previous generations, for decent prices on Amazon. I have a Mavic, which is an amazing drone but I'm not trying to lift weight like that.
Dont get a Phantom to carry 3 pounds. That is way above its payload. I believe DJI even says the safe payload is well under 1 pound.

Wardance5 - I would spend the 1000 and get the mavic pro
LOL at a Mavic lifting any kind of weight. OP do yourself a favor and go to rcgroups.com and search around. The OG is not your friend on this subject.

How much do you wanna bet Passive Jay is posting in this thread under an alias.