Dropped 39" led Visio now no sound

Barobb - Tried the rice suggestion now my tv has no sound other than the rice rattling inside of it. Phone Post 3.0

you prolly used white rice?

everybody knows you use brown rice for tv's. you fucked it up and the tv is now infected with the wrong rice. there is no way to repair it now

Have you tried turning up the volume?

Use it as a pc monitor and run the sound from the pc.

Lab Rat - Sell it to a deaf person! Phone Post 3.0
Holly shit I just spit my water out Phone Post 3.0

Drunkie -
Barobb - Tried the rice suggestion now my tv has no sound other than the rice rattling inside of it. Phone Post 3.0

everybody knows you use brown rice for tv's. you fucked it up and the tv is now infected with the wrong rice. there is no way to repair it now
Wrong. If he boils the TV in water, the rice will soften. Soft rice = no rattle Phone Post 3.0

boxing wiz - Fuck, no clue. You could pay a repair man, but it's probably just as cheap to buy a new one. TV's have gotten incredibly cheaper.

Yeah no kidding....it is cheaper to buy another than to pay someone to fix it...and this is coming from a former tv repairman. I've seen 39" TV's going for less than $300 on sale.

Barobb - I Am using hdmi and tried it in all 3 outputs with same issue. Even tried speakers straight to the red/white audio outputs with same issue and even my computer speakers that use a usb with same sound issue. I know I can buy a new one for under $500 but maybe I can fix it for a few bucks if it's just a resistor, capacitor, fuse........ Phone Post 3.0

I can tell you for a fact that even if it is an easy fix....the price will not match the easy fix. Easy fix for repairman still will cost you at least 100 bucks.

papasmurf24 - Turn on the closed captioning, butter fingers Phone Post 3.0

I would kill myself if I had to read everything that was being said watching a program. Fuck that noise.

I have 2 47" TV's with no working sound. I will run sound from my dvr to my stereo whenever my current tv fails in the future. Damn time warner cable burned both speaker by sending out a "blip" signal while watching tv. I should have sued them for their actions....but fuck it I just went out and bought a new tv and changed to DirectV from then on. FUck cable companies.

LoneWolf50 - 

I would kill myself if I had to read everything that was being said watching a program. Fuck that noise.

I have 2 47" TV's with no working sound. I will run sound from my dvr to my stereo whenever my current tv fails in the future. Damn time warner cable burned both speaker by sending out a "blip" signal while watching tv. I should have sued them for their actions....but fuck it I just went out and bought a new tv and changed to DirectV from then on. FUck cable companies.

Hi Rob Lowe!

Pessimist_Pete - 
Drunkie -

Wrong. If he boils the TV in water, the rice will soften. Soft rice = no rattle Phone Post 3.0

soft rice is great. but the problem is it still white rice. as everybody knows you must use brown rice in tv's. the shit is now fubar

DaveFu - 
LoneWolf50 - 

Hi Rob Lowe!

I'm super creepy Rob Lowe not the shy Rob Lowe.

I'd drink beer with you at the rec center and watch people swim.

While wearing my super pointy long cowboy boots....would be awesome.

LoneWolf50 -
boxing wiz - Fuck, no clue. You could pay a repair man, but it's probably just as cheap to buy a new one. TV's have gotten incredibly cheaper.

Yeah no kidding....it is cheaper to buy another than to pay someone to fix it...and this is coming from a former tv repairman. I've seen 39" TV's going for less than $300 on sale.
Dude if you are a former TV repairman then perhaps you could help OP with his situation here. Maybe you could suggest a few things he could do to try to get his TV working. Phone Post 3.0

Bick Koxer - 
LoneWolf50 -

Dude if you are a former TV repairman then perhaps you could help OP with his situation here. Maybe you could suggest a few things he could do to try to get his TV working. Phone Post 3.0

I was a tv repairman in 1984. I have no idea how to work on these new techno TV's out today. All our TV's back then were tube TV's and whatnot. I can't even repair my own tv which has been fucked up for a few years now with the sound. Having more sense than money, even knowing a repairman would screw me on fixing it....I just went out and bought a new tv. Gotta cut your losses when you can.

Bick Koxer - 
LoneWolf50 -

My best advice would be open up the back and replace both speakers.

My other best advice would be to run the sound from your dvr or cable directly to an alternate source such as a stereo system or boom box type device bypassing even using the tv speakers at all.

Have you tried bending over and spreading your asshole real wide? It's worth a shot. Phone Post 3.0

Here is a story on how tv repairs works.

So I had a friend give me his tv to fix. I had to go pick it up and bring it back to his house. So I was working on his tv and found out it needed a new zener diode and a capacitor that was shot. The actual repair for thses items is around $15 dollars. So I was set to return the tv and charge him 15 dollars when my boss said....hey we got overhead. Let me write up the bill. He added a control panel which went for about 55 dollars and added some more obscure diodes for about 25 dollars. So the final bill was $95 dollars.

So I took the guy his tv and charged him 95 dollars. I didn't mind overcharging this guy since some 5 years earlier he had hit on my girlfriend right in front of me and was always flirting with her even though he was a creepy 40 year old man at the time. So I made 80 bucks off of him and it is done with almost all repair jobs. Just like car dealerships do.

I have no clue on how to actually work on any hi def TV's of today.

Have you tried turning it off and then on again Phone Post 3.0

Just an update on the tv sound saga. Brought home a volt meter from work to check electrical components for damage. Before doing so I turned the tv on so I could test voltage at various parts and wouldn't you know I had sound. So I guess the key to fixing it was to sit it on my desk for 4 days and then try fixing it. I'll be sure to repeat this process with anymore problems I came across. Appreciate all the advice Phone Post 3.0