Dropping weight classes?

Cutting out all sodas and simple processed sugars is a great start. Something small like an orange in the morning. When I was training I are a lot of chicken breast and rice. Along with helping you drop pounds, putting good food in your system will actually make you feel much better when you're training as well. Unless you enlist a professional dietician though I don't think dropping that much weight in 6 months will be a healthy option Phone Post 3.0

iVaporize - and u saying your diet is meh, i already know you are an ignorant bastard

wtf dont u get about being fat??? go do some research on healthy eating

-avoid simple carbs if ur not gonna workout... google simple carbs

-avoid animal fats (eat chicken breast, turkey, or fish)

-eat all the healthy fats u want (avocado, olive oil, etc)

-dont count calories

-dont eat anything that says diet, light, fat free, etc... it is all garbage

-drink water all damn day... ur metabolism will slow if u dont stay hydrated

-eat mostly fruits and vegetable... find healthy foods that taste good

it's not that hard stop being pathetic... ur not a child anymore no more french fries and chicken nuggets for u or mcdonalds and all that bullshit poison
" -dont count calories"

Dolce, is that you?

Good info. Thank you. Phone Post 3.0

Joeymarvelous - You already know what we're going to say. Clean diet plus cardio cardio cardio. Phone Post 3.0

Not so simple.

Clean diet is a must (get the myfitnesspal app, and use it to track your food; no fast food, no simple sugars; 99% of your food should be fruit, vegetables and lean meats. You might want to take a quick look at The Zone diet). Aim for 500 calories a day under maintenance. You will lose close to 1 lb a week that way (30 pounds in six months). Anything faster isn't usually recommended. Keep in mind that you might lose 10 lbs the first week alone, but that is just water and food in the gut (not body mass, per se).

But for exercise, you don't want to simply do cardio. Long slow distance cardio is catabolic, so you will lose lots of muscle mass along with fat. Instead, you want to do heavy weights a couple of times a week (not more, since you will be eating at a 500 calorie deficit). Only do the exercises with the biggest bang for the buck: deadlifts (1x per week), squats (2x per week), and one upper body exercise like bench, OHP, or chin-ups (2x per week). Alternatively, you could do circuit training with weights. Either way, you will not typically gain any strength or muscle while doing this - it is designed to simply preserve as much muscle and strength as possible while you are cutting. On your non-lifting days, do 20 minutes of HIIT (e.g., jog for 1 minute, followed by 15 seconds of all-out sprinting; repeat till 20 minutes are done). Weights + HIIT is a better combo than cardio.

Eat only fruit, veg and natural proteins (plant or animal)

Aim for 2000 calories a day (that's a lot of veg)

Try to burn at least 2500 calories a day

Every army in the world turns fat bodies into killers with the same bootcamp workouts.

M W F- Set your stopwatch for 45 minutes and do as many: jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, jumps, lunges, mountain climbers, dips, pull ups, planks, shadow boxing, rope skipping, burpees, squat thrusts or any body weight exercise that comes to mind. Very little or zero rest.

tu thu sat- run 6 miles

Fat boy no more Phone Post 3.0

Can I still drink coffee? I don't drink soda or energy drinks. Also I only drink coffee in the morning, that's about it. Phone Post 3.0

CAT DAMMIT - Can I still drink coffee? I don't drink soda or energy drinks. Also I only drink coffee in the morning, that's about it. Phone Post 3.0

only coffee and water. No beverages with calories

If you're truly motivated, you can lose the weight your coach recommends, but it is extremely difficult. I've done it, multiple times...

As I mentioned, the key is MOTIVATION! If you're not TRULY motivated, you're going to fail. My personal motivation was the desire to fight. Once I got that "itch" (or whatever you want to call it) I would train & "diet" religiously. As mentioned in the post by ranier wolfcastle, you should be able to lose all the weight you want without an actual "diet". You can eat whatever the fuck you want, but the trick is portion control. You can eat WHAT you want, just not as MUCH as you want. What I used to do when I sat down to eat is to eat a small portion (approx. 6 oz) of whatever the dish was. Then I'd wait for at least 5 minutes. After that, I would ask myself this:

"Are you actually still hungry, or are you simply not full?"

More times than not, I was simply not full. I would find something else to do to keep my mind busy and not be bored (which often leads to eating unhealthy portions or snacking).

The other key thing was running. I grew up as a competitive swimmer and would ride my bike all the time, but no other exercise helped me lose (and maintain) my weight like running. One of the biggest pitfalls about running is how much it sucks. I have such a love/hate relationship with running. I hate it, but I love the results. Unfortunately, running can lead to injuries that you have to be wary of. A large portion of running-related injuries stem from tight hamstrings. Since you always walk & run forwards, your hamstrings tend to get over-worked in proportion to the fronts of your legs. You have to make sure to do exercises that work the fronts of your legs to compensate. One of the best things to do as "maintenance" is to allocate time to run backwards. I have been told that ideally you should run forwards 2/3 of the time, backwards 1/3. (I was at a running injury seminar, but forget the name and credentials of the person giving the seminar since it was over 10 years ago).

Also, as others above have mentioned, soda is the debil... including DIET soda. I used to drink Diet Coke a lot. I did not drink non-diet sodas. When I decided to stop drinking soda, I lost 15 lbs without altering anything else about my diet or exercise.

A couple of notes... I have done this myself multiple times. The first time is always the hardest and takes the longest. When I was in my early 20's, over the course of 2 years I dropped from 200 lbs to 160 lbs.

Then I got waaaaaay out of shape. When I got motivated/serious again in my early 30's, I was 245 lbs and dropped to 175 lbs (70 lbs) in approximately 6 months.

I got waaaay out of shape again (back up to 240's) before becoming motivated again in my late 30's and dropped 60 lbs in 6 months (back down to the 180's).

I'm in my mid-40's now. Waaaaay out of shape again, but have exactly 0 motivation. Fighting was always my motivation when I was younger, but I'm no longer interested in being a fighter, so therefore I'm not motivated to train at all. OK, this last tidbit didn't really help the conversation, I'm just being honest about myself.

Up Phone Post 3.0

Up. Phone Post 3.0

CAT DAMMIT - Can I still drink coffee? I don't drink soda or energy drinks. Also I only drink coffee in the morning, that's about it. Phone Post 3.0
Try to not load it up with sugar and creamers. If you must sweeten it, use stevia. Phone Post 3.0