Tony Tucker- Coke

Tim Witherspoon- Coke

Greg Page- Coke

Mitch Green- Crack, Heroin, Dust, Pills, Coke, Booze

Michael Doakes- Coke

Gerry Cooney- Alcohol

Oliver McCall- Crack

Pinklon Thomas- Heroin

That's a lot of serious talent wasted. Maybe it wasn't a bad generation as much as it was a generation lost to drugs.

Holyfield- Women (just kidding)

Seriously, there's a long list of fighters who would've had great careers but for drug problems.

Bowe- food (not kidding)

Mitch Green wasn't messing around. Phone Post

ron den otter - Bowe- food (not kidding)

That's the biggest wasted talent ever. Terrible management and eating habits or else he would have been the GOAT

BL, I've always thought that a well-prepared Bowe was a terrific fighter. Just look at his three fights w/ Holyfield and try to forget the two against Golota.

Tommy Morrison had a bunch of drug problems also

But he (Morrison) wasn't that great a fighter!

Ray Mercer also seemed to have some problems preparing for important fights.

Mitch Green was crazy without all those drugs.

ron den otter - But he (Morrison) wasn't that great a fighter!

and Mitch Green was???

An uger knew tommy back in tulsa and he was another big partier Phone Post

Don King is a helluva drug.

Ghost of Retard - Don King is a helluva drug.

Lol this. Don "The Snake" King. This greedy jackass ruined a great bit of Boxing as we know it. Bob "White Snake" Arum is now in his place. Phone Post

Bobby Lupo - An uger knew tommy back in tulsa and he was another big partier Phone Post

Yeah a friend of mine lived in Kanasa City back in the day and hung out with him a few times. said the dude was outta control

Bobby Lupo -
ron den otter - Bowe- food (not kidding)

That's the biggest wasted talent ever. Terrible management and eating habits or else he would have been the GOAT

Totally agree with that. Phone Post

vandelay - 

and Mitch Green was???

No, not even close to be great! Or did you mean Mercer?Mercer would have achieved a lot, I think. He had a great chin and a hard punch and that will always make you competitive as a heavyweight. Also, he was an Olympic Gold Medalist ('84).

I would still take all of those guys and their addictions over today's crop of...................well, of nothing. Where in the fuck are all the heavyweights???

vandelay - 

and Mitch Green was???

He was a street fight victim of tysons

Mercer should have been a top guy but he didn't put in the gym time. He had all the skills and heart but jot the conditioning. Quick tillis was the same way Phone Post

Ray did, but damn, loved his nickname.  Mercer's case seems in part that he was late to the game (I mean in terms of age).  Won the Olympics in '88 at age 27, then tried to make the quick start to the pro career by fighting 12 times in '89.  I don't think 28-29 is washed up old by any means, but he was early 30's by the time he was gettimng into the mix.  Some guys still train hard later on, but some just don't.  

Two things I love about Ray besides the nickname:  1.  He knocked the FO his South Korean opponent in the golde medal match at the Olympics so no judging contraversies ala Jones Jr.  2.  His savage beating of Morrison was pretty f'ing awesome.