Drysdale: Rohskopf regrets retiring on the stool

OJTT-RayRay -
Colby Covid19ington -
OJTT-RayRay - 

Second time I’ve seen Kirik use “retiring on the stool” when referring to Rohskopf’s fight. 

I haven’t seen anything about him retiring from MMA. I have seen Drysdale say that Rohskopf is still fighting and going to be a champion in the future. 

Is “retiring” the new clickbait word? 

It’s a euphemism for quitting the fight. Giving up. Throwing in the towel.

So…semantics? 

Using the word “retired” in a headline is misleading. BJ Penn (and/or his corner) quit in between rounds. 

Did BJ “retire?” 

Clickbait bullshit. 

Still love your screen name though. 

You’ve been here for 6 years and you’ve never seen anyone in combat sports officially lose by retirement?

1 Like
HYBRID JON -
Mandible_Claw - 

Drysdale needs to crawl back under the rock in which he came from. He's making it worse for himself.

Why the dislike for Drysdale? Honest question, I dont know much about him and I’m too lazy to research. Thanks.

He got popped more than once for juicing!

https://ssl.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.detail&gid=448167

youarewhatiswrong -
OJTT-RayRay -
Colby Covid19ington -
OJTT-RayRay - 

Second time I’ve seen Kirik use “retiring on the stool” when referring to Rohskopf’s fight. 

I haven’t seen anything about him retiring from MMA. I have seen Drysdale say that Rohskopf is still fighting and going to be a champion in the future. 

So…semantics? 

Using the word “retired” in a headline is misleading. BJ Penn (and/or his corner) quit in between rounds. 

Did BJ “retire?” 

Clickbait bullshit. 

You’ve been here for 6 years and you’ve never seen anyone in combat sports officially lose by retirement?

Its not a brand new phrase, It’s an old boxing term.

That guy can’t seriously be that dumb.

”Stop using words I don’t understand!”

edit - also check the guy’s record. It’ll likely say “Retirement” as opposed to “Quitting” you genius.

Clickbait. What an idiot.

1 Like
OJTT-RayRay -
Colby Covid19ington -
OJTT-RayRay - 

So…semantics? 

Did BJ “retire?” 

Clickbait bullshit. 

I thought your first post was a joke.

The problem here is not the title but the fact that you have no clue what the phrase means.

Being you are clueless, you should just stay quiet instead of doubling down on your ignorance.

4 Likes

This is a tough one, but I really think if Rohskopf was in severe danger and wanted out Drysdale would have been more understanding and stopped it. Rohskopf could have won that fight. He gassed and I think had a lot of doubt, but fighters have overcome worse. This isn’t as egregious as say Pennington’s corner vs Nunes, or even Smith’s corner vs Teixeira. The increased scrutiny I think comes from a pattern we’re seeing in MMA of bad cornering. 

I’m not mad at Drysdale at all. Me personally, I would 1000% need a corner like that, someone to push me when it really got hard. So I understand fully what he was doing. This wasn’t about him getting an extra few bucks, he lives the kid and knows how talented he can be and wants him to achieve his dreams...

OJTT-RayRay - 

Sorry man. It was a poor word choice. I am the records keeper for the ABC, and "retiring" is a term for not wanting to come out at the begging of the round - retiring on the stool. I didn't think through it's more obvious meaning, which I should have. I won't use it going forward, and apologize.

Kirik -
OJTT-RayRay - 

Sorry man. It was a poor word choice. I am the records keeper for the ABC, and "retiring" is a term for not wanting to come out at the begging of the round - retiring on the stool. I didn't think through it's more obvious meaning, which I should have. I won't use it going forward, and apologize.

I wouldn't apologize for that, anyone with half a brain knows exactly what you are saying.

See I don't literally mean half a brain

2 Likes
Kirik -
OJTT-RayRay - 

And anyway he likely did retire, at least from the UFC.  

Koga -

Drysdale has tripled down on this and should never be allowed to corner again.

No, you should quit watching combat sports. Clearly you can’t even handle being a spectator lol.

2 Likes
HYBRID JON - 
Mandible_Claw - 

Drysdale needs to crawl back under the rock in which he came from. He's making it worse for himself.

Why the dislike for Drysdale? Honest question, I dont know much about him and I’m too lazy to research. Thanks.

Think about why Drysdale made this personal conversation public and come back to us. :wink:

Ministry of Truth -
HYBRID JON - 
Mandible_Claw - 

Think about why Drysdale made this personal conversation public and come back to us. :wink:

Because he is receiving undue criticism for doing his job, and his fighter’s lack of resolve is the direct cause.  

1 Like

Drysdale did nothing wrong.

If i was going to quit id want someone to try to get me focused.

Bunch of fucking female study majors  watching UFC nowdays looking for anything to make a grievance about.

Edit app not working 

What are the odds Rohskopf never fights in the UFC again?

Mynameisburns - What are the odds Rohskopf never fights in the UFC again?

He won’t.  He’s done inthe UFC

So Drysdale at first mention of “I’m done” should have popped up and announced “Hey Ref, fight’s over.  We’re done over here!”  Fuck that.  He trained this guy for months, got broken down, and his fighter wanted to concede.  He did everything right in my opinion.  He is still sticking with him, and isn’t criticizing him at all.  He tried pushing him, as a combat sports corner should.

Eskimo -
Koga -

Drysdale has tripled down on this and should never be allowed to corner again.

No, you should quit watching combat sports. Clearly you can’t even handle being a spectator lol.

He should never corner again or coach, he’s a steroid cheat and shouldn’t be welcome at UFC events.

Have any of the soft bitches who have no idea what it takes to be a champion in anything come back since Rohskopf made his statement?