DS vs PSP

what are the pros and cons to each when compared to one another? should game boy advance even be considered on the same playing field?

Off the top of my head:

DS - Some brilliant games, great battery life, zero load time, built in screen protection, small game cartridges, innovative idea. BUT, small screen, less processing power

PSP - Gorgeous screen, excellent multimedia player, very powerful machine. BUT, mostly mediocre library.

GBA - Cheap, huge library of games, sturdy, very small. If you get the GBA Micro, you can pretty much have it in your pocket all the time.

also

Ds can play gba games. The touch screen leads to some innovative games such as the new kirby (I'm sure there are some stinkers too)

Psp can play movies, screen gets scratched easily so buy some protection.

if you want to watch movies, get the psp

if you want fun quality and inovation get the ds

also i hear that the ds will be used with the wii through wifi, say, for a fps you can have your map and inventory displayed on the ds so you can quickly pick a gun or check what room you're in.

psp can handle GTA (fantastic) and Fight Night 3, which i havent got yet. DS cant run a game like GTA, even the new Metroid game looks a bit fuzzy/blocky. Dunno about Fight night, but doubt it.

if a stylus floats your boat, then get a ds

The PSP is a great piece of hardware. However, if you want to play fun and/or original games then there is no other place to go than the DS.

I am very happy with my DS, I may get a PSP when it goes down in price but its way too expensive right now

"However, if you want to play fun and/or original games then there is no other place to go than the DS."

Mario Kart is SOOOO original and fun! And GOLLY, i aint never seen a game like Metroid PH before

Hardcastle you dip shit, games like kirby canvas curse and trauma center are fun and original the psp has alot of the same shit you can find ON REGULAR PLAYSTATION. graphics aren't everyting and it's the inovation of the DS that makes it better than the psp

But PSP has Sudoku!

(which you can play for free on a piece of paper)

PSP = Long load times. I swear I waited 2 minutes for a demo to come up the other day at the store.

games like GTA arent about the graphics, but it helps. It makes the game more immersive. and i want a machine that can do console like games, cos its nice to have the option. If i want i can also play puzzule games, cute games etc on a psp, there's even a dog game

"games like GTA arent about the graphics, but it helps"

You're right, they're about cramming a thousand game features poorly in an attempt to create a "free and open" environment. And now you get to squint while trying to do everything because its in the small screen. And now because its just like a console system, you get to enjoy it for a quarter of the time of a normal portable because the battery is going to die any minute.

I just sold my PSP to get a DS, and i couldnt be more happy with it !

The DS has a larger library, but all the games mentioned are Mario and Kirby and what not. What about real games?

I've been eyeing a PSP, but I can't really justify it because there aren't enough games for it either, so I'd be using it for it's multimedia functions, but then I'd probably be better off with a laptop.

Call me impatient but I just couldn't get over the load times for the PSP. I love my DS lite though.

"What about real games?"

What on Earth does that mean? Both the PSP and DS play "real" games. If you are looking for a specific genre of game then maybe you should just ask about that genre. "Real" is about the worst word you could use to try and describe a game.

"You're right, they're about cramming a thousand game features poorly in an attempt to create a "free and open" environment. And now you get to squint while trying to do everything because its in the small screen. And now because its just like a console system, you get to enjoy it for a quarter of the time of a normal portable because the battery is going to die any minute."

well i guess me and millions of others people liked the series more than you did.
ive never had to squint and never had tired eyes, the screen is insanely easy to see, and the detail is surprising.
my battery life is fine

Get a DS trust me... I know first hand with both of these pieces of hardware(ugh especially PSP). DS is alot of fun my friend

GTA, flawed as it is, belongs on a console (the PSP version is actually being moved over to the PS2 and xbox) not on a handheld.

I get about 8 + hours of battery life on my DS, all of them playing games. How much do you get?

LOL, again, psp is about shoving console games into a small system. I tried playing Darkstalkers on that shit and although i was impressed by the graphics, its fucking cramp city trying to get that shit to work.

PSP's only saving grace is all the hacks/emulators/rips.etc that you can load on that thing. Good games? Get a DS..period.