Dumbest decisions IYO

Megumi Fuji vs Zoila Frausto.

5 punches negates 5 rounds of precision striking.

Wicked smahtMF -
OGT - 
Wicked smahtMF - pham/garcia condit/ diaz condit/ hendrix condit/ gsp

You had me until condit/GSP. What did you not like about that one? Phone Post

just pretty much the same thing as BJ/ Uno above. I thought Condit beat him up. most everything that scored for George was purely based on the unified rules criteria as opposed to... well common sense. George sustained much more damage as evidenced by their post fight appearances. George was obviously highly relieved when the final bell sounded where as Condit was still chomping at the bit. then again it seems im a bit different from some of you guys as far as philosophy.... the unified rules, judges decisions, and guy's records have little to do with my understanding of what wins a fight. i dont need some uneducated judge or scoring criteria to decide in winner in the cage any more than i do in some dirty parking lot. usually the simplest way to put it is, "who would i rather be at the end of that fight?".

Kinda gets back to what I was saying. Under unified rules as long you are on top you are winning... No exceptions. If someone on the bottom is fucking you up (ala condit) I think that should be no different than someone fucking you up from on top. Just maintaining top position and dodging submissions is (IMO) the biggest flaw with the current system and is a blatant cater towards wrestling and a huge blow to jiu jitsu which I think hurts what mixed martial arts is all about. The only way to fix that is to educate the judges or change what is considered winning, annnnd no sign of that effort happening already or anytime soon.

Till then, lay n pray away. Phone Post

frankie vs bj 1

bj clearly won 3.5 rounds

Frankie Edgar vs Benson Henderson 2.

Frankie got robbed big time.

Also 2 judges giving 2 rounds to shield against GSP Phone Post 3.0

OGT -
Wicked smahtMF -
OGT - 

just pretty much the same thing as BJ/ Uno above. I thought Condit beat him up. most everything that scored for George was purely based on the unified rules criteria as opposed to... well common sense. George sustained much more damage as evidenced by their post fight appearances. George was obviously highly relieved when the final bell sounded where as Condit was still chomping at the bit. then again it seems im a bit different from some of you guys as far as philosophy.... the unified rules, judges decisions, and guy's records have little to do with my understanding of what wins a fight. i dont need some uneducated judge or scoring criteria to decide in winner in the cage any more than i do in some dirty parking lot. usually the simplest way to put it is, "who would i rather be at the end of that fight?".

Kinda gets back to what I was saying. Under unified rules as long you are on top you are winning... No exceptions. If someone on the bottom is fucking you up (ala condit) I think that should be no different than someone fucking you up from on top. Just maintaining top position and dodging submissions is (IMO) the biggest flaw with the current system and is a blatant cater towards wrestling and a huge blow to jiu jitsu which I think hurts what mixed martial arts is all about. The only way to fix that is to educate the judges or change what is considered winning, annnnd no sign of that effort happening already or anytime soon.

I disagree. GSP doesn't lay n pray. He out struck and took down Condit the first 2 rounds. Same for the third except for when Condit kicked Georges. But then after he got up he kicked Condit's ass. The last to round were basically GSP on top of Condit landing shots. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Song2 -

first 3 that came to me

mighty mouse vs torres

Big nog vs ricco

Garcia vs Nam pham

Forgot about ricco vs nog
Robbery Phone Post 3.0

Lawler-Carmont Phone Post 3.0

Garcia Vs Korean zombie can't get no love???????????

Garcia never even hit the guy. just swung at air for 3 rounds.

But he was swinging aggresively!

Wicked smahtMF -
tito fett - 
OGT -
Wicked smahtMF -
OGT - 

I disagree. GSP doesn't lay n pray. He out struck and took down Condit the first 2 rounds. Same for the third except for when Condit kicked Georges. But then after he got up he kicked Condit's ass. The last to round were basically GSP on top of Condit landing shots. Phone Post 3.0

yeah see all that compubox/ fightmetrics shit falls right in the same category of irrelevance as unified rules scoring criteria and judges decisions for me. its not always reliable and its only in the rarest/ extremely close fight situations that it has any use at all/ application in my estimation of who won a fight. ive been following th sport for so long and so closely that im always, almost instinctively/ subconsciously at this point, aware of who has the advantage in what aspects and how to weigh an advantage in one area against an advantage in another. this is again based on just common sense/ an innate- fundamental understanding of the varying degrees of danger (after all thats basically what a fight, until the final bell or finish, is all about... who puts who in more danger) associated with the various aspects/ disciplines of mma. George did not outstrike condit in that fight. like i said George wanted out of that fight after 5 and condit was pumped. george took signioficantly more punishment. a guy thats been controled/ out-positioned for 5 minutes was not confronted with the same workload of danger as say a guy getting outstruck for 5 or having been made to defend/ escape a round of legit sub attempts. a guy that successfully avoids a round of punch/ kick combo attempts by running was not subjected to the same danger as a guy that got controlled/ out-positioned for a round. it goes both ways.

This is the sentiment I was trying to get at you just articulated it much better. Phone Post

Lawlor vs. Carmont. Phone Post 3.0

Shields vs Kampmann Phone Post 3.0

Bonner v Silva Phone Post 3.0

Sanchez and Kampmann Phone Post 3.0

Shogun machida
Bisping hammil
Condit Diaz

That mm one also, when watching it felt like Torres constantly had mm in danger , takedowns waaaay over valued in Mma ATM Phone Post 3.0

Dirt Dog Sandwiches - Garcia Vs Korean zombie can't get no love???????????

Garcia never even hit the guy. just swung at air for 3 rounds.

But he was swinging aggresively!
Yes! One of my favourite fights but a complete robbery. Phone Post 3.0

The last two Dennis Bermudez fights. I'm a huge Bermudez fan but I thought he lost his last two fights.

Bermudez vs Max hollaway
Bermudez vs Mat Grice. Phone Post

Diego sanchez winning in about 4 fights he clearly lost in. Phone Post

Oontyex - Shogun machida
Bisping hammil
Condit Diaz

That mm one also, when watching it felt like Torres constantly had mm in danger , takedowns waaaay over valued in Mma ATM Phone Post 3.0

I think machida edged it

Hammill won (and im a bisping fan)

And condit won, swinging at air saying 'come in motherfucker' dont win fights imo Phone Post

MrMichaelz - Gomi vs. Sanchez ... this decision still irks me. It could have easily been Gomi UD because I feel he got every round.. in fact most people also scored it the same way.
Sanchez got a split.
This is what I came here to say. That was awful. Also, Condit vs. Diaz, but we won't go in to that... Phone Post 3.0

NFABeeJay - Shields vs Kampmann Phone Post 3.0

Think that was another case of sonnen/bisping. Everyone knew shields would have the title shot if he won and there was a lot more hype behind him at the time. Phone Post