Dumbest Thing You Thought About MMA?

When I first started watching MMA, I thought that they way to finish an armbar was to get the arm fully extended, and then start rolling around, and try to pull the arm out of the joint like some kind of retarded crocodile.

Anyone got anything dumber than that? (The people who said "Kimbo is a future UFC champ", now's you're time to step forward.)

That Travis Fulton was the greatest fighter ever due to his record alone and not too shabby a racists Phone Post

For some reason I thought UFC fighters got paid a lot of money

MentaL - 

My gf got a hardcore Welsh kimbo fanboy on her Facebook and he thinks he is the best, even has him tattooed all over his body, does that count? Phone Post

You forgot to post a pic.

I used to think a triangle was a leglock.

I never knew how unqualified a person could be to work as an Official.

When I first started watching mma, I literally didn't know shit about shit. I'm a young man and admitted TUF noob. I kept hearing references to this guy named 'Hoise Gracy'
I just knew he was this big cornfed white boy American because Americans are like that lol. I saw him fight Kimo and literally thought it was some inside joke or something. Did my research and then delved into Pride and got my facts straight.
Dumb dumb :-D Phone Post

I thought that every fighter was "coming for a war", "had the best training camp of their lives", and was going to "be the fight of the night" every time.

Now when I hear that, I tend to expect the opposite.

I thought chuck had that look in his eyes. Phone Post

Frobenius - I thought chuck had that look in his eyes. Phone Post

Lol Phone Post

I though Royce ha a chance against Hughes Phone Post

I thought that you had to cut weight / make weight along with your favorite fighter. Phone Post

The best guys fought each other 3 times a year

Also thought tuf was the dumbest idea ever, and still think it to this day

I thought everyone in the UFC were completely free of PEDs

Player 1 - When I first started watching MMA, I thought that they way to finish an armbar was to get the arm fully extended, and then start rolling around, and try to pull the arm out of the joint like some kind of retarded crocodile.

Anyone got anything dumber than that? (The people who said "Kimbo is a future UFC champ", now's you're time to step forward.)

lolz. Are you really that dumb?

I thought Royce Gracie was an asshole for not fighting "fair" in the first 2 UFC's :-P

Goddammit, we needed jump spinning heel kicks and kung fu chain punches, not tackling guys and strangling them!

By UFC 3, the light finally came on upstairs, even though Royce was wrecked by the Kimo fight. I could not believe Royce's guts and warrior spirit.

By the time #4 rolled around, my whole frat house was a legion of Gracie fanboys - and we went NUTS when he triangled Severn. 30 some-odd dudes in the frathouse den jumping and cheering, it's a great memory for me.

That a fighter A has ever fought anybody like fighter B before.

Every single fighter seems to say that. "He ain't never fought nobody like me before"

Always amuses me

I thought the real contenders got title fights boy was i wrong on that one.  

I thought MMA was a gay version of WWF when I saw a commercial for it about 9 years ago (I was 10) Phone Post

im waiting for the guy that made a thread about under water ufc fights to post