E-Cigs TME

I'm not a smoker, but my best friend is. He switched to an ecig "vaporizer", swearing it's so much better for him, less addictive, etc. basically all the upsides, but none of the cancer causing downsides.

Personally, I think he's full of it.

Anyone have some useful info here for either side of the debate? Phone Post 3.0

There's another great thread going. Ill bump it for you. Phone Post 3.0

MoBeffah - There's another great thread going. Ill bump it for you. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks! Phone Post 3.0

Jone2tone -
MoBeffah - There's another great thread going. Ill bump it for you. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks! Phone Post 3.0
Brotha, don't spend a penny until you read my thread. Go to E-Six in Branford....they have a tasting station there. Fuck, I'll take you there bro. Hell, I might just give you a battery to get you started lol. I've been planning on donating some stuff after the holidays. Phone Post 3.0

I think the jury is still out on the total health impact of e-cigs and vaporizers.

Although, it's pretty hard to imagine them being as bad for you as cigarettes.

I like to smoke when I'm out drinking with my buddies. I've recently bought e-cigs for those nights out and, man, can you feel the difference in the morning. No cough, no soreness, no stink on my clothes. The physical experience is so damn close, there's really not much of a trade off.

Where is what you have...on one side the e-cig guy saying they are completely harmless and on the other the anti-smoking police that say it's no different.

The truth probably falls somewhere in the middle I'm guessing

Vulva Fabulous -
Jone2tone -
Thanks! Phone Post 3.0
Brotha, don't spend a penny until you read my thread. Go to E-Six in Branford....they have a tasting station there. Fuck, I'll take you there bro. Hell, I might just give you a battery to get you started lol. I've been planning on donating some stuff after the holidays. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks bro! Apparently that's where he goes now, and swears by them. Phone Post 3.0

CaptainWoody - Where is what you have...on one side the e-cig guy saying they are completely harmless and on the other the anti-smoking police that say it's no different.

Personally, as an ex-smoker, I go out of my way to never, EVER give smokers a hard time. I remember all too well how annoying that stuff was when I smoked.

In this specific case, it's more that I think my friend is quitting one addiction by starting the same thing in a new one.

Kind of like someone saying there's too much caffeine in coffee, so they're quitting coffee for tea. Phone Post 3.0

Doesn't the E - liquid contain a tiny fraction of the harmful toxins that cigarettes contain? It's pretty much just steam with some nicotine and some shit to thicken up the vapour, no?

There's no debate as to whether they are better for you. Phone Post 3.0

They can blow up in your face if you have a cheap Chinese battery in them.

Willybone -

I think the jury is still out on the total health impact of e-cigs and vaporizers.

Although, it's pretty hard to imagine them being as bad for you as cigarettes.

I like to smoke when I'm out drinking with my buddies. I've recently bought e-cigs for those nights out and, man, can you feel the difference in the morning. No cough, no soreness, no stink on my clothes. The physical experience is so damn close, there's really not much of a trade off.

My curiosity for the long lasting health effects goes more toward something different, too. You're right, I doubt they're as bad for you as cigarettes (in the same way).

I just think that at one point health issues of cigarettes were so ignored and swept under the rug that you could have your doctor walk up to you in the hospital and have a conversation all while he's smoking a butt. To me, that's the direction I wonder if ecigs will go: culturally accepted now, low health concern, then a decade from now some serious implications come to light. Phone Post 3.0

Jone2tone -
CaptainWoody - Where is what you have...on one side the e-cig guy saying they are completely harmless and on the other the anti-smoking police that say it's no different.

Personally, as an ex-smoker, I go out of my way to never, EVER give smokers a hard time. I remember all too well how annoying that stuff was when I smoked.

In this specific case, it's more that I think my friend is quitting one addiction by starting the same thing in a new one.

Kind of like someone saying there's too much caffeine in coffee, so they're quitting coffee for tea. Phone Post 3.0
Then you would be wrong, the addiction is nicotine, nicotine really isn't the problem. It's the fucking cyanide and carbon monoxide that's top of the list, followed by a host of other poisonous chemicals.

That's why people want to quit. Phone Post 3.0

Right...the nicotine isn't that bad for you, hell there is nicotine in natural foods like broccoli. It's all the other garbage that kills you.

I don't know all the health factors with e-cigs, but I feel 100x better using them compared to regular cigarettes, and that's no exaggeration. That doesn't even factor in the smell in my car, clothes or the dogshit lazerbeam morning breath.

The "juice" is made of vegetable glycerine, propylene glycol, nicotine and flavoring. I personally don't know the negative health effects of those ingredients, but the negative health effects from the ingredients in regular cigarettes is well documented.

Oh, Jone2, tell your boy to try "Ellen's Melons" flavor. He can thank me later lol Phone Post 3.0

CaptainWoody - Right...the nicotine isn't that bad for you, hell there is nicotine in natural foods like broccoli. It's all the other garbage that kills you.
That explains me bumming bites of chicken and broccoli outside the local Chinese food joint at the Stop n Shop center. Phone Post 3.0

Vulva Fabulous - I don't know all the health factors with e-cigs, but I feel 100x better using them compared to regular cigarettes, and that's no exaggeration. That doesn't even factor in the smell in my car, clothes or the dogshit lazerbeam morning breath.

The "juice" is made of vegetable glycerine, propylene glycol, nicotine and flavoring. I personally don't know the negative health effects of those ingredients, but the negative health effects from the ingredients in regular cigarettes is well documented.

Oh, Jone2, tell your boy to try "Ellen's Melons" flavor. He can thank me later lol Phone Post 3.0
He said it was good, but his new favorite is "Strangeland". Phone Post 3.0

Frames4Life -
Jone2tone -

Then you would be wrong, the addiction is nicotine, nicotine really isn't the problem. It's the fucking cyanide and carbon monoxide that's top of the list, followed by a host of other poisonous chemicals.

Right, but it's the nicotine addiction passing from the cigarette to the ecigs. The toxins in cigarettes aren't addictive, just shitty bonuses.

So, I think what you're saying, if I'm following: ecigs are safer, health wise, as they cut out all the garbage that is most damaging. Phone Post 3.0

Strangeland you say? Hmmmm, I am intrigued. I shall investigate these claims tomorrow old chap! Phone Post 3.0

Jone2tone -
Frames4Life -
Jone2tone -

Right, but it's the nicotine addiction passing from the cigarette to the ecigs. The toxins in cigarettes aren't addictive, just shitty bonuses.

So, I think what you're saying, if I'm following: ecigs are safer, health wise, as they cut out all the garbage that is most damaging. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, that's the story.

The actual addiction will remain although you can reduce the amount. When I quit cigarettes I went straight onto the lowest nicotine content for Ecigs which was 11mg I think. You can get liquid that up to 28mg I think.

I always felt that personally it was always more of a habit than an addiction and that how I treated when I quit. After a few months on the lowest nicotine liquid I switched to eliquid that didnt contain any nicotine, I didn't notice any difference and after a further month I stopped using the vaporiser completely.

Amazingly, I still found it quite difficult to stop using it even though nicotine hadn't been in the equation for a long time.

I had my last cig at the beginning of March and had my last puff on an ecig end of August.

They are a great way to quit, I'm not sure I'd have managed as easily without them.

The nightmare is over now though, nearly 20 years this was the only attempt I ever made at quitting and I smashed it. I'll never smoke again, I think its fucking vile. Phone Post 3.0

my dad has been smoking newports since he was 13, he'll be 64 this year.

he's tried a lot of different ways to quit, including wellbutrin, gum, cold turkey...its doesnt work for him.

i think the e-cig might be better because its the same motion and delivery as a cigarette, which he was lacking in all of the above-listed methods he tried before.

I think im going to get him a set for christmas...the worst thing he could do is not use it