EA Hires Former Stasi Agent to Police Online Games

In a move that defies parody, games giant Electronics Arts has recently hired former Stasi operative Anette Kahane to head an initiative to combat 'fascism' in gaming. Kahane had previously volunteered to work for the Stasi (communist secret police) and spent 8 years informing on her friends and neighbours at the behest of the East German police state:

'The handwritten declaration of commitment was short but clear: "I hereby declare that I am willing to work with the Ministry of State Security on a voluntary basis. I commit to not speaking to anyone about this connection. For security reasons, I choose the code name Victoria. The statement that Anetta Kahane wrote in bold letters shortly before her twentieth birthday was the beginning of an eight-year collaboration with the GDR State Security Service. Between 1974 and 1982, as an unofficial employee (IM), as the Stasi called her spies, she provided the secret police of the SED dictatorship with numerous reports about friends and acquaintances, not a few of them neatly written by hand.'

https://www.tichyseinblick.de/daili-es-sentials/die-taeter-sind-unter-uns/

She heads the initiative KEINEN PIXEL DEN FASCHISTEN (Not A Pixel To Fascism) which aims to launch witch-hunts to root out 'fascists' in online gaming . Naturally, 'Fascism'  has a VERY  broad meaning in this case and includes anyone questioning radical Social Justice dogma or arguing in favour of historical accuracy:

"So hate is also put into arguments where it supposedly doesn't even fit in the beginning for people without a right tendency. Often this happens by coupling a "suitable" conspiracy theory to the subject, such as the erroneous belief that the video game industry is buckled against a financially influential "Social Justice Warrior" lobby. Such claims are shared both within video games themselves (e.g. through hateful chat messages or mass reports in report functions) and outside by spreading hate comments in debates about video games. The debate about female generals and soldiers in Battlefield 1 and Rome II , for example, showed upstructured anti-feminism, which spread extreme right-wing ideas under the guise of historical authenticity. The same was true of the debate about the portrayal of the "white" Middle Ages in Kingdom Come: Deliverance, which actively argued why it was good and correct that there should be no people of dark skin in this game."

https://keinenpixeldenfaschisten.de/2020/05/13/formen-des-rechtsextremismus-in-videospielen/

You literally can't make this up.

1 Like

This site is such garbage.

1 Like

Holy shit. Fuck EA. 

2 Likes
Squatdog - This site is such garbage.

LOL

This happened to me the other day, lol

Oof

this will have the opposite effect they think it will

dummies

1 Like
gregbrady - 

this will have the opposite effect they think it will

dummies

FASCIST!!!1

There's fascism in gaming?  Seriously?  WHERE?  Do they mean the users, like the 8 year old who told me he was gonna fuck my moms asshole blue after he called me the nword?