EA Sports game will have Royce Gracie

I think it would be awesome if EA Sports brought in old UFC legends such as Royce, Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, etc. Does anyone know if UFC owns the rights to them or if it's possible?

I heard the EA Sports president talk about how Fight Night has old legends in boxing such as Ali.. Wonder if they would be able to pull in old legends in the UFC. That would be totally awesome and make the game.

The only thing lacking right now is the possible fighters that they will have. If they could pull out the old UFC legends on top of DREAM fighters they may have a chance!

Discuss.

Probably should throw a question mark at the end of your title there.

There are great Non-UFC fighters out there.

Fedor, Aoki, Mousasi, JZ Calvan, Hansen, Rogers, Arlovski, all Gracies, Sakuraba, Alvarez, Arona, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Josh Thomson, Shields, Lawler, Manhoef, Nick Thompson, Santiago, King Mo, Josh Barnett, Misaki, Nakamura, Gono, Takanori Gomi, Yves Edwards, Sakurai.

But, yes that would be cool if they had guys like Royce, Rickson, Renzo, Sakuraba, Don Frye, Marco Ruas, Bas Rutten, Severn or Taktarov.

I actually think its VERY likely you see many of the "legends" in the game.

If not in this release, in subsequent releases. 

Mainly because they own their own rights, and its just additional income to them without sacrificing anything.  It's like coaching gigs in the IFL, it's a great way to supplement whatever income they had from training/running gyms.  And they're all recognizeable to the fans.

No reason not to include Royce/Sakuraba/Frye/Shamrock/Severn/Taktarov/Tank

Man what system is this game coming out of, i may need to finally buy a game system just so i can play as my favorite fighters

Mad Xyientist - I actually think its VERY likely you see many of the "legends" in the game.

Mainly because they own their own rights, and its just additional income to them without sacrificing anything.  It's like coaching gigs in the IFL, it's a great way to supplement whatever income they had from training/running gyms.  And they're all recognizeable to the fans.

I really hope they they own their own rights and you are correct. How sick would have be to reenact old fights?

The only reason im hesitant about this game is the lack of fighters but after a lot of names you named it sounds like it has the potential to be awesome.

Guys from DREAM, Strikeforce, and old UFC legends..

I left out the question mark on accident

bulletmagnet - 
Mad Xyientist - I actually think its VERY likely you see many of the "legends" in the game.

I really hope they they own their own rights and you are correct. How sick would have be to reenact old fights?

The only reason im hesitant about this game is the lack of fighters but after a lot of names you named it sounds like it has the potential to be awesome.

Guys from DREAM, Strikeforce, and old UFC legends..

This is risking on getting kitschy, and I'm not a gamer, but I actually think it would be cool to include pre-MMA legends.  Make secret/unlockable characters like Karl Gotch, Helio, Kimura, Antonio Inoki, or Bruce Lee.

How fun would it be to play Helio Gracie vs. Shinya Aoki or something?  That's the kind of thing that can ONLY happen in a video game.

^ Interesting concept. Maybe someone can forward this thread to EA Sports as ideas. Im sure they are always looking for customers wants.

Helio Gracie would be pretty sick, so would Kimura.

HollywoodHendo -  Voted down for no question mark.

Voted you down also.

Helio vs. "Judo" Gene would be a cool match to fight. I haven't played a fighting game since Pit Fighter, but if they do it right I will have to get this.

nhbguy - But, yes that would be cool if they had guys like Royce, Rickson, Renzo, Sakuraba, Don Frye, Marco Ruas, Bas Rutten, Severn or Taktarov.

Awesome list. To be honest, I don't even need Rickson or Renzo in there...maybe Renzo...nothing against Rickson...

Move this to what if forum, please.

Don't make Dana pull Royce's ungrateful ass out of the UFC Hall of Fame. 

EA put a bunch of classic boxers into their Fight Night games, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it for MMA. Except for the possibility that no casual fans would know the old legends like they would with boxing.

VTFD for misleading thread title.

Well, Royce was at Strikeforce over the weekend (hint hint)...