EA UFC

Jack_Bauer -
Proteus The Invincible - Overall, I think EA UFC can be fun, but it's extremely light on content. Basically, there's a two player mode, a career mode that's absolutely abysmal, and an online mode where you face one another or enter tournaments. That's it. Even the fighters have largely the same moves, so there's little difference between the styles of Machida and Bigfoot, for example.

It plays more like an arcade game than anything realistic, and its lack of content cripples its lasting appeal, but it'll probably hold your attention for a little while. The game just seems like it was thrown together as an afterthought, a total rush job.

How shitty is the career mode?

(Don't have this game but am considering grabbing it for $30)

Online is the best part for me and career mode the most limited, but it's a good game. Most realistic and in-depth (controls wise) MMA game I've played. Phone Post 3.0

^^^ and as for "afterthought" and "arcade game" I don't know where he's getting that. Maybe hasn't played since the updates. You can't just spam people into oblivion anymore. The career mode is limited and it's light on other modes, but the fighting itself makes it an easy must-have for me Phone Post 3.0

Jack_Bauer - 
Proteus The Invincible - Overall, I think EA UFC can be fun, but it's extremely light on content. Basically, there's a two player mode, a career mode that's absolutely abysmal, and an online mode where you face one another or enter tournaments. That's it. Even the fighters have largely the same moves, so there's little difference between the styles of Machida and Bigfoot, for example.

It plays more like an arcade game than anything realistic, and its lack of content cripples its lasting appeal, but it'll probably hold your attention for a little while. The game just seems like it was thrown together as an afterthought, a total rush job.

How shitty is the career mode?

(Don't have this game but am considering grabbing it for $30)

It's about as bad as it gets, just inexcusably terrible. It's essentially a prolonged, limited create a fighter mode where you earn character points through repetitive training sessions and spend them on attributes and special moves. You don't have a say in anything else that occurs throughout your career, you simply take the fights the game gives you until you're told you've accumulated too much damage to continue. It doesn't even matter how well you do in your fights; knocking out everyone in thirty seconds won't earn you a title shot any faster than grinding out decisions.

I don't think it can be understated how woeful the career mode is, and considering it's one of only a few game modes available, it makes it that much worse.

The Power Double - ^^^ and as for "afterthought" and "arcade game" I don't know where he's getting that. Maybe hasn't played since the updates. You can't just spam people into oblivion anymore. The career mode is limited and it's light on other modes, but the fighting itself makes it an easy must-have for me Phone Post 3.0

Ea UFC isn't as unrealistic as the THQ games, but it still has seemingly little regard for authenticity. To highlight a few problems, head kicks and slams are severely underpowered, kicks with the lead leg are just as powerful as kicks with the rear leg, and attacking the body has no long-term effect on an opponent's stamina.

It needs to be more "Bushido Blade" but it's still good online for sure Phone Post 3.0

Game is amazing after all of the updates. The ground game is lacking, however the standup is very well done. Plus ea has already added like 15 fighters since launch and plan to do more!! Phone Post 3.0