Early picture of Tank & Tito

crowbar - 

Another early picture of Tank at UFC Ultimate Japan.

Everyone is mean mugging except Vitor, lol

Another pic of Tank with hair.This one is more clear.Probably in the same issue that de braco was talking about.

![](upload://suu8Au4fc4Mjy72RDAXrnwvwbuw.jpeg)

1 Like
jcblass -
The Diet Butcher - 
crowbar -

Great pic 

Hackney was a Unit.

Thats Tra Telligman

crowbar -

Another pic of Tank with hair.This one is more clear.Probably in the same issue that de braco was talking about.

yep, it was, tank was saying how it never ceased to amaze him how many people would be up to fight him with the hair and full beard as opposed to slim pickings when sporting the bald head & goatee. kirik told a little story in that issue about the hardest hit he ever took, mat lindland also.

believe it was the inaugural issue, i had a subscription to black belt and they sent the first issue of fightsport out free with that months blackbelt. Previously they had done a special issue devoted to NHB that had marco ruas on the cover, i forget the name of the mag, it wasn't an issue of black belt though.

i know everyone has been dying to know that particular piece of information, so fret no more, god is in his heaven and now all is right with the world

crowbar - 

I had this issue. I was a huge Tank fan in the day.

Now that I think about it, I seem to recall that the name of the original special issue from blackbelt with the ruas cover  was simply "NHB and grappling" .  Which later went on to become fightsport, with the good baron at the helm. Ths was in the days of the infamous baron/rogan urinal story. I saw the baron on a perry mason mystery movie of the week that was filmed in the 80's and rebroadcast a few weeks ago.

Edit: just googled my recollection and Eureka!

![](upload://d3OLQNN4CDrpSnP9p0rPeOkJgfQ.jpeg)

2 Likes

Correction!

The tank article was in the second issue of fightsport, summer 2002. I'm such an incompetent boob, attributing those to the first issue instead of the second. It was only 18 years ago FFS!

![](upload://6ITokO7gUIwGFIyCAvVyz7ewqrk.jpeg)

1 Like

1 Like
FingerorMoon - 
Hong Kong Phooey -

The Sponsors .................

Someone should call and a book a repair and should say, “I just saw you on an old UFC VHS”

They’ll be like, “I knew that’d pay off eventually!!”

LOL

crowbar -

The Ortiz family with a very young Tito on the bottom right.

![](upload://vk15hcMAUTOwTyi8G61yCT97vHq.jpeg)

Was Tito adopted?

No,those are his half brothers  ^^^

crowbar -

Thanks HKP.

Hard to tell from this GIF of Paul getting blasted by Goodridge.Looks like he is playing the piano with his legs.

Wonder why we have never seen this move again

jcblass - maybe it's not hackeny

Telligman?

Isn't it true Tank stole money from Tito? 

carsonstevia - 

I have heard that Tito stole a wallet or something out of Tanks glove box in his car.

crowbar - 
carsonstevia - 

I have heard that Tito stole a wallet or something out of Tanks glove box in his car.

Maybe it was the other way around. Thanks.

crowbar -

I wonder how that version of Saku would've done against those versions of Randy and Frank.

carsonstevia -
crowbar - 
carsonstevia - 

Maybe it was the other way around. Thanks.

I hear it this way.