Early weighins strikes again!

It's harder for some fighters because you have to dehydrate the night before and go to sleep close to weight. Making the am weighins harder for a lot of fighters.

I agree 100% and have mentioned this before. I think it's stupid because fighters are dehydrated longer. They're going to sleep undernourished and waking up relatively early in regards to their schedules.

Fighters fight at night. Why have them do early morning or night before cuts and weigh in before noon. It's idiotic.

Why not stop trying to cut more weight than your body can handle? 

Why couldn't they just go to bed earlier, and wake up earlier, giving themselves time?

I think it has more to do with "extreme weight cut strikes again".

No Excuses

knot eye - I agree 100% and have mentioned this before. I think it's stupid because fighters are dehydrated longer. They're going to sleep undernourished and waking up relatively early in regards to their schedules.

Fighters fight at night. Why have them do early morning or night before cuts and weigh in before noon. It's idiotic.

Playing devils advocate you could argue fighters should stop being so much heavier than the weight class they fight in requiring less of a cut. I walk at 212-215 and compete at 205 and the only "cut" I do is stop drinking water around 1-2pm the day before my weigh ins. But I drink an entire gallon and a half before that, so I basically have more than enough water in me all day and just keep pissing. I'll wake up day of weigh ins maybe have a small black coffee and pee one more time and I'm golden. These dudes are citing 15-20 lbs in a matter of a day, it's never going to be safe or healthy.

Add a weigh in.

Yeah, I said it. Night before weigh ins like the old days, then a cage side weigh in before the fight, or an hour before the fight at least that checks to make sure you are within 5-10lbs of what you weighed in previously. Similar to what ADCC did after Popovitch beat Marcelo. It eliminates drastic weight cuts, and now people have to actually fight what they weigh.

NineFightFour -
knot eye - I agree 100% and have mentioned this before. I think it's stupid because fighters are dehydrated longer. They're going to sleep undernourished and waking up relatively early in regards to their schedules.

Playing devils advocate you could argue fighters should stop being so much heavier than the weight class they fight in requiring less of a cut. I walk at 212-215 and compete at 205 and the only "cut" I do is stop drinking water around 1-2pm the day before my weigh ins. But I drink an entire gallon and a half before that, so I basically have more than enough water in me all day and just keep pissing. I'll wake up day of weigh ins maybe have a small black coffee and pee one more time and I'm golden. These dudes are citing 15-20 lbs in a matter of a day, it's never going to be safe or healthy.

Haha...Yeah, you're right. I guess that's part of it too.

VU

It did make things worse but weight cutting is still a problem in general.

I hope this is finally the wake up call the ufc needs to make more weight classes and restructure how the athletes make weight. 

NineFightFour -

Most guys your size will be fighting at 185 and some even 170 lol. MMA fighters are going to be wrecked later in life from braun and kidney trauma. 

boo fucking hoo wrestlers weigh in 20 times a year almost always in the morning .Khabob sucks and should be cut Big mouth cant ever show up

Herb Mazzagatti -

It did make things worse but weight cutting is still a problem in general.

I hope this is finally the wake up call the ufc needs to make more weight classes and restructure how the athletes make weight. 

I think the weight classes are fine. What is not fine is guys continually trying to kill themselves to make a weight they don't belong at. 

I thought early weigh ins were optional

NineFightFour -

Fighters will continue to find whatever edge they can hence these huge weight cuts.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - I think it has more to do with "extreme weight cut strikes again".

emphatically agree

promotion wise, they need to go back to the old weigh ins.

Early weigh-ins?!?! GTFO with that shit. This is a fighter trying to make a weight class they don't belong in. Khabib has missed weight before too.

I don't think much of it, but I also think that if you miss weight twice, you should be forced to move up a divsion.

So sick of grown men making childish excuses all the time. 

Grow up and handle your business