Early weighins strikes again!

Solidis -

So sick of grown men making childish excuses all the time. 

Grow up and handle your business 

This.

Extreme weight cheating strikes again*

There has been an increase in fighters missing weight since the early weighins started. So fighters have to be dehydrated longer and be on weight before they go to sleep. Plus with the IV ban you will continue to see more and more of this.

kennyfrommd - 

Add a weigh in.

Yeah, I said it. Night before weigh ins like the old days, then a cage side weigh in before the fight, or an hour before the fight at least that checks to make sure you are within 5-10lbs of what you weighed in previously. Similar to what ADCC did after Popovitch beat Marcelo. It eliminates drastic weight cuts, and now people have to actually fight what they weigh.

It could be AM, noon, PM or evening the day before, doesn't matter if you have to be 10 pound within the limits the next day. Maybe 15 for LHW and HW. So go for is best for the promo.

Weight classes were supposedly made for fighter safety. Not so they could cut the most to an gain edge, risking health issues in the process. Especially now that we know the brain fluids might not be back fully 24 hours later after the cut... which means a lot more potential for brain damage.

So I fully agree with you!

46and2degrees - Extreme weight cheating strikes again*
I think it's completely retarded, but if you make the weight, you're not cheating.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
46and2degrees - Extreme weight cheating strikes again*
I think it's completely retarded, but if you make the weight, you're not cheating.
And he didn't make the weight. Weight cutting is a bunch of bs.

FleecaJohn -

Why not stop trying to cut more weight than your body can handle? 

Or just stop cutting so much in general.

Whats wrong afraid to fight someone your own size or bigger?

Weight cutting is lame as hell.

Solidis - 

So sick of grown men making childish excuses all the time. 

Grow up and handle your business 

Fucking This

if you cant make the weight, move the fuck up

so fucking ridiculous

WME will be idiots not to address this problem

People need to stop being scared to fight in the right weight class. Khabib is way too big for lightweight, he's more of a middleweight. That's why he doesn't fight much cause his body can only handle cutting weight like once a year.

I wasn't a fan of Edgar fight style but he fought in his natural class and wasn't scared.

They are trying to take advantage of the extra time to rehydrate coming in a few lbs bigger than before and it's blowing up in their faces. 

TOAO - People need to stop being scared to fight in the right weight class. Khabib is way too big for lightweight, he"s more of a middleweight. That"s why he doesn"t fight much cause his body can only handle cutting weight like once a year.

Isn't this the  first time it's been a weight issue for Khabib.l? The others were knee and other injuries well before he was draining weight. 

I think another poster a while ago suggested extending the weigh in time. Make it an option to weigh in either in the morning or later in the afternoon like 3pm or something. It would benefit everyone I think.

It also makes no sense that they can't weigh in and then cut more weight if they're over. With these early weigh ins it's one and done. I don't understand the reason for this.

Just get rid of USADA. .. that would fixes things, imho 

FleecaJohn -

Why not stop trying to cut more weight than your body can handle? 

This exactly

VinegarStrokes -
TOAO - People need to stop being scared to fight in the right weight class. Khabib is way too big for lightweight, he"s more of a middleweight. That"s why he doesn"t fight much cause his body can only handle cutting weight like once a year.

Isn't this the  first time it's been a weight issue for Khabib.l? The others were knee and other injuries well before he was draining weight. 

I believe he missed weight before against Trujillo. 2 or 3 pounds over if I remember right.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Why couldn't they just go to bed earlier, and wake up earlier, giving themselves time?

Because it fucks with their body clock. 

Should have just made it 48 hours prior. 

There has to be stiffer penalties in my opinion. Not only should you forfeit your current purse but half of your next one too. Until these guys suffer more severe punishment and ridicule, it'll never change. The excuse train is always there to be made. You miss weight a 2nd time, you should be forced to move up. The amount of revenue some of these fighters cost the UFC has to be taken in account. Especially one with this type of anticapation. The fighters have to assess their health and realize there's a point of diminished return. Weight cuts are ridiculous here lately, with the amount of failures or sickness related issues from them.

Mutant - It's harder for some fighters because you have to dehydrate the night before and go to sleep close to weight. Making the am weighins harder for a lot of fighters.

Not really true, the body loses around 300-500 ml of water overnight, its safe to drink water before bed if a fighter is on weight.