Eastern Europe Handling COVID Better

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/486597-eastern-europe-covid-19-outbreak-better/

But while eastern Europe has a number of ‘natural’ advantages, this doesn’t, I think, tell the whole story. Governments in eastern Europe have generally shown more common sense than most of their western counterparts. They quickly did the most obvious thing that you need to do when a virus has got its walking boots and rucksack on: they closed borders.

Okee dokee.

Also, you have to wonder how accurate are the numbers reported from some of these less devloped countries.

"Belarus president makes extraordinary claim that no-one will die from coronavirus in his country after finding a 'cure".

Belarus president Alexander Lukashenko today made the incredible claim that no-one has died - or will die - from coronavirus in his repressive ex-Soviet state.

The dictator ignored his own country's official figures showing 29 deaths from Covid-19 and brushed aside complaints by doctors and human rights activists that he risks 'genocide' by not taking the virus seriously and failing to order a lockdown.

Instead he told his 9.5. million people: 'We have already found combinations of drugs to rescue people.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8214757/Belarus-president-makes-extraordinary-claim-no-one-die-coronavirus-country.html

Look at Costa Rica.. 

You trust the russian reports?

There is also way less travel in and out of eastern europe. I don't know the exact amount but they probably only do 10-20% of the travel volume western europe does. Probably even less than that if you look at travel in and out of china. 

I live in east Europe. Reasons they did way better:

It was implemented by law that you couldn’t leave your house. If you were, and you didn’t have a reason for being outside, you would get fined. and if you wanted to go outside you had to text the police, and you had a 2 hour or so window to go to the pharmacy or groceries.

Lets face it, westerners are so up their own ass and apparently indestructible that nothing can kill them. Hell I thought the same when I booked a flight early March to go on vacation.

Even in the roads there are check stops everywhere, only the people who got permission to work should be driving around. It’s just fucking evident that we don’t listen, cops/police/politicians are wrong, and we are motherfucking unkillable.

Sackhole -

I live in east Europe. Reasons they did way better:

It was implemented by law that you couldn’t leave your house. If you were, and you didn’t have a reason for being outside, you would get fined. and if you wanted to go outside you had to text the police, and you had a 2 hour or so window to go to the pharmacy or groceries.

Lets face it, westerners are so up their own ass and apparently indestructible that nothing can kill them. Hell I thought the same when I booked a flight early March to go on vacation.

Even in the roads there are check stops everywhere, only the people who got permission to work should be driving around. It’s just fucking evident that we don’t listen, cops/police/politicians are wrong, and we are motherfucking unkillable.

Here it is.. no offence but you don’t live “free”. 
min times like this you may think the government has the right intentions and they are doing the right thing by restricting your freedom. 

but that’s not how I want to live ever! 

I don’t want anyone. My neighbour.. my mayor, president, prime minister etc. Ever telling me what I can and can not do 

where I can and can not go. 

"they closed borders"

clearly racist.

I actually live super comfortably, so I don’t really care about this “freedom”. Make great cash, can buy whatever/whenever I want, don’t have to lift a finger to do anything. Yes the police/government are fucking idiots but it’s such a tiny part of your day that unless you really focus on it, it would barely bother you.

And sadly most North Americans just have to politicize everything that they would make this an issue.

I just think they’re mostly spoiled brats.